1975 Cb750 F

lcochran
Here is my baby.
all original minus the clubman bars.
20,000 miles bought her off the original owner 7 years ago.

her coil is out and i need help with how to change them(see my post in the other section and send me some guidance) thanks guys

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

Try this http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/NEW-Repair-manuals-7-6-2010-UPDATE-td685918.html#a685918

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

lcochran
link doesnt work?

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

jdholley
Good lookin bike,
How did you run all your wires on your clubman bars, got any up close pics
thanks
Jd

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

lcochran
Man i went the hard way.
Pulled the old wires out of the old bars and taped the ends.  I then took my new bars, drilled one hole in each end of the bar, right before the near 90 degree bend back toward the triple trees.  I used a dremel tool to smooth the hole and ran my wires.

So in the end the wires come out and run in the same place the original wire routing ran.

Hardest part was getting the wires out of the old bars and convincing yourself to drill a hole in some new bars.

It was a pain in the rear, but in the long run it looks the best and it allowed be to keep from ruining the control boxes(routing them outside the bars).

Use lots of WD40 to persuade wires to slide thru.
good luck. ill take picture soon.

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

jdholley
Ya, im to the point where i know the best way will be to drill holes in the new bars, just dont wanna do it-
thanks for the tips!!

did you replace the throttle of brake lines ?

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

So much for me being cute.

On the main page for this forum, about 5 or 6 lines down you'll see a folder with manuals in it.  I think our illustrious leader (Re-Run) put one in there for the older CB750s.

If not, I'm sure a well crafted Google search will find one out there.  Good luck.
Nice bike.  Love that color.

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

lcochran
i didnt have to replace either lines.

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

jamman18
Glad to hear it!  I replaced my coils, points and condensers still to no power.  Traced back to before the coils on the 12v and there must be a loss of power somwhere between where those 2 lines are spliced together and the engine kill switch.  Just a matter of finding where....I want to get back on the bike before the snow comes!
Phil. 4:13 " I can do all things through Him who strengthens me"

Re: 1975 Cb750 F

irishcafe07
off subject here but how is that spare tire mounted on that pickup truck in the background, i want to do something like that with mine.