1981 CB750K

Cabreco
This post was updated on .
I thought I would open a project thread for my bike.
I removed the trunk added a 12v accessory/USB port & a Garmin GPS & MP3 Player.

I have a few things coming in this week for it, like a padded sissy bar & an LED scrolling message plate.
I will post pix of them once they are in.

I also have a carbon fiber German helmet coming in!
I took it out today for the first time, put 45 miles on her. She rode smooth & quiet. No noises, no rattles which was really surprising for a bike with 22K miles on it definitely a joy to ride.

It's official I'm a CB750 addict!

FIONA
1981 CB750K

Andy
Tennessee

Re: 1981 CB750K

22K miles, that bike is not even broken in yet, and whats with the GPS? Don't you know, getting lost is more fun?

Re: 1981 CB750K

Lost, dark, and out of gas with no gas can is a bad scene, no matter where you are. :-)  I would ride with my TomTom, but there's no good place to mount it.  So, I just fire it up, put it in the front pocket of my MC jacket, and let it lead me. :-)

Re: 1981 CB750K

Cabreco
LukeM wrote
Lost, dark, and out of gas with no gas can is a bad scene, no matter where you are. :-)  I would ride with my TomTom, but there's no good place to mount it.  So, I just fire it up, put it in the front pocket of my MC jacket, and let it lead me. :-)

Luke M
Have you looked into the Bicycle mounts for the Tom Tom?
That's what I used to mount it to my 750. I use the Garmin 550c because my Nuvi is wide screen & won't fit with my windshield mount in place.
I'm sure Walmart or Target would have them but just in case, here's a link to Tom Toms mounts on Amazon, but I'm sure Ebay would have them cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=tomtom+bicycle+mount&x=17&y=27

FIONA
1981 CB750K

Andy
Tennessee

Re: 1981 CB750K

I'll give it a look. I may also get a used gps off of craigslist. I don't want to lose my good one as I use it for work.

Helping others already. I like it!

Re: 1981 CB750K

Cabreco
I posted this in the wrong area.
Would the admin move this to the member's progect area?
Thanx

FIONA
1981 CB750K

Andy
Tennessee

Re: 1981 CB750K

dave Esch
Wow. I can only imagine having a cb that clean. Look at all that..... what is that? That, shiny, metallic stuff all over it? Oh yeah, I looked it up. I guess it's called... chrome?

Re: 1981 CB750K

Cabreco
dave Esch wrote
Wow. I can only imagine having a cb that clean. Look at all that..... what is that? That, shiny, metallic stuff all over it? Oh yeah, I looked it up. I guess it's called... chrome?
Dave she was pretty dull when I got her a few weeks ago:

I spend 3 days scubbing he clean.
Flitz, best stuff in the world!

FIONA
1981 CB750K

Andy
Tennessee

Re: 1981 CB750K

dave Esch
never heard of flitz. But I do say that it's a great looking bike and nice job.

Re: 1981 CB750K

He's doing mine next Hey what is that thing the bike is on? Some sort of lift?

Re: 1981 CB750K

Cabreco
TOOLS1 wrote
He's doing mine next Hey what is that thing the bike is on? Some sort of lift?
TOOLS
Its a Motorcycle dolly from Harbor Freight. The PO had it sitting in his garage on it since he bought his new Harley in April.

http://www.harborfreight.com/low-profile-motorcycle-dolly-95896.html

Personally, I really didn't see a use for it. Now a lift that's something I will be buying for winter.
Harbor Freight has them for under $100

http://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-capacity-atv-motorcycle-lift-2792.html

FIONA
1981 CB750K