74/78 progress

snivie

74 frame and carbs, 78 like everything else. hopefully next time i post, the engine will be in it, running, and mostly black. Clubman handlebars. obviously. lots of things need prepped and painted still. do work!
oh yeahh, have any of you put forks from the 80's 750's on any old frames like this? i think it'd be sick to have the air shocks and dual disc brakes up front..possible?

Re: 74/78 progress

sgtslag
Looks to me as though you have the rear wheel on backwards -- chain is normally on the left side, unless this is a non-USA bike?  Never seen a CB750 with the chain on the right.  Kickstand appears to be on the right side, also.  Has the photo been flipped digitally, making the right appear left?  Cheers!

Re: 74/78 progress

snivie
yeah man its the webcam on my macbook, it totally flips pictures. shes put together right =]

Re: 74/78 progress

There is a link to a duel disc break conversion in the manuals section here. You know it is easier to install the engine first with the frame bare.
Keep us posted on the build.

Re: 74/78 progress

snivie
thx brother! yeah, i usually tape up the frame real hard before i drop the engine..thats how Carpy does it LOL

Re: 74/78 progress

How did you do the frame? Paint or powder?

Re: 74/78 progress

BabyBobber74
A REAL newbie here....

...have a silly question. I dont have original bike manual and my mechanic has my aftermarket manual. Experiencing a high idle with choke lever up and down, so now i dont remember which is which. I ride newer bikes so this is my first jump into the Old carbureted bikes. So.....choke on is lever up? I have the 1974 K4

If the bike didnt idle both hi and lo, good and bad in both positions i would be less confused. Ran fine when I bought it, but now after changing throttle cable and plugs its idling high.

Re: 74/78 progress

acollin
Choke lever down to ride on the 74.

Is your "new" Throttle cable to tight? If it ran good before the new cable, that could be your problem.

Good luck

Re: 74/78 progress

BabyBobber74
It appears that everything shuts completely when the throttle is untouched but there is a possibility that it only appears that way and i need to let some tension out of it. I actually dont hav a seamless transition to the throttle on the handlebar. I think i need to get that worked out first and go from ther. Again, it would have had to go wrong after a ride or two, but thats not impossible. The connection is a little funky.

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:57 PM, "acollin [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Choke lever down to ride on the 74.

Is your "new" Throttle cable to tight? If it ran good before the new cable, that could be your problem.

Good luck

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/74-78-progress-tp2305297p2505400.html
To unsubscribe from 74/78 progress, click here.

Re: 74/78 progress

sgtslag
Download the Factory Service Manual (FSM) from this site's home page...  It's W-A-Y better than the aftermarket manuals -- I have Clymer, and it is good, but the FSM is far superior.  Cheers!

Re: 74/78 progress

snivie
I used a fk load of flat black automotive primer, then like 6 coats of flat black spray paint