78 CB 750 K

Vaughn Porter
I have a friend that has a 78 CB750K That he quit riding and parked in his garage 20 to 25 years ago. Has rust on it. Don't know about the gas tank. Chrome wheels are pretty rusty. Has 14,000 miles and original tires. After market 4 into 1 exhaust. Engine is not froze. He said to make him an offer. What would be a fair price. I would want to put it back on the road to ride not show quality. Would like to find a decent factory exhaust 4 into 4. I know that is a long shot. Could it be bought and road worthy with no more than $ 1,500.00

Thanks
Vaughn

Re: 78 CB 750 K

vern401
$1500 is hard to tell. It will need a battery, oil change, maby tank De rusted, tires ETC.
without a pic it is hard to tell... but between 500-1000 is a start for an offer for it.
We can help with the problems involved in getting it road ready.

Re: 78 CB 750 K

halfwing
Stock pipes will cost a bit. The best I have found for new is ~750.00. I am looking for a good used set for my 81.
Dave
Racine, Wisconsin

http://jones1030.blogspot.com/

Re: 78 CB 750 K

vern401
If you need parts or have a parts bike to part out you can post it on here.

There are some other forums you can look through too one is for just the SOHC and I think there is one for just the DOHC bikes.

I have a set of what i call drag pipes off a 750 that i will not be using myself. I dont care for real loud bikes.

Re: 78 CB 750 K

Andyt59
Dave,

You'll kill me when I told you what I paid for the exhaust on my bike.

I figured I was getting something to gwt me through the rest of the season. I spent 20 min. polishing these and $185.00 for the COMPLETE SET. :)

Re: 78 CB 750 K

halfwing
Naw Andy, I won't kill ya. At least not if you give me those pipes
No really. Nice job on getting those.  Where did you find them?
Dave
Racine, Wisconsin

http://jones1030.blogspot.com/

Re: 78 CB 750 K

Andyt59
Boise Motorcycle Salvage here in Boise, ID.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless mobile phone

Re: 78 CB 750 K

woodsrider250
Not the same pipes...your 78's will cost more.  If you have a tight budget, just clean up the 401 and keep your eye's peeled for a deal on a better one or affordable stockers.  You will see them sell cheap at times, but if someone with $ doing a resto comes across them forget it.