79 "Boat Tail" 750K

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

I think, you should put flashing warning lights on it.

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
You'd think the bright green would be good enough, but no... just makes it a target.

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I think, you should put flashing warning lights on it.
1995 KZ 1000 P-14
1981 KZ 750 LTD X 2
1987 Honda TLR 200
1982 Honda XL 80
2005 Yamaha PW 50
South of Edan (Kansas City MO)

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/79-Boat-Tail-750K-tp3199246p4028300.html
To unsubscribe from 79 "Boat Tail" 750K, click here.
NAML

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

pat english
sorry about the bad luck...you want tha thing louder,take the baffles out

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
I drilled two 3/8" holes in the end of each muffler. Sounds about right now. It was just too sewing machine quite. However, a quite muffler really gives you an appreciation for the quality of the engineering and tight tolerances that went into the engine design and manufacture. Just amazing when you can rev a 33 year old engine to 9000 RPM and not hear one clank, clunk or rattle.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

pat english
9000!!..crazy..i never reved a bike that high

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
Redline is 9500. I was easy on it. LOL.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE exclusively from Sprint

77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

Hellbilly429
Have you tried taking the baffles out and shortening them or taking some of the packing out? Would keep them looking stock but make them louder

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
Sold this old girl today. Haven't ridden it years. Carbs were all gummed up. Now I need to do something with my three K7s, 550f and Goldwing. They all need to go.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

Oh NO!! I hope this is not because of health issues.

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
No. Just lost interest in them after my son died in 2015. Going to retire soon and travel via RV. So the bikes are just rusting away, they need to go to good homes.

http://vintage-and-classic-hondas.456789.n3.nabble.com/79-Boat-Tail-750K-tp3199246p4064496.html
To unsubscribe from 79 "Boat Tail" 750K, click here.
NAML
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

Sorry to hear about your son. I lost mine in 2002. The RV life is really neat. Toolbabe and I lived in a camper for two years. We met a lot of great people at campgrounds and were able to see a lot of attractions. You know, a bike would be a great way to explore the places you go.

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
Thanks. Sorry for your loss as well. I'll be dragging a Suzuki Samurai behind us. Don't think I'm going to get rid of my house so I'll keep my SOHC bikes and make at least one nice one out of them.

http://vintage-and-classic-hondas.456789.n3.nabble.com/79-Boat-Tail-750K-tp3199246p4064498.html
To unsubscribe from 79 "Boat Tail" 750K, click here.
NAML
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

A Suzuki Samurai! I want one of those! I have a Sidekick and just love it but rust is killing it. I am just finishing up a Honda z50 Motard conversion for a guy that has just sold his house and is going to be traveling in a motorhome. He is going to pull his Jeep and have the z50 on a rack behind the Jeep. Should be a lot of fun at the campgrounds.

Re: 79 "Boat Tail" 750K

rich
I got lucky and found one that lived in Arizona for most of its life.
87 Sami
It even has petroglyphs on it
with top

Also got a hard top with it