79 supersport carb interchange

Cannibal-2
Anyone know if carbs from other dohc engine will work, such as maybe a 91? I'd like to get a set to rebuild so they are ready to put on and so happen to find some local from a 91. If the 91s won't work, what range of parts am I looking for?

Thanks,
Steve

Re: 79 supersport carb interchange

blackhawkrider
I don't know if the 91's will mount up right, but if they do line up they will work just fine. You could measure the distance in between the intake ports on the carbs to see if they would line up right. Most likely the best way to find out is to try. Good luck