80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
hey im new to the forum but i have been working on cb's for about 2 years now and after helping a couple buddies out with there bikes i finally decided to get ride of my crotch rocket (04 zx10r) and get a cb so here is my build.
i have plenty of parts left over so during the next few post ill list all parts i have left over for sale

the project 1980 cb750c
 -bought this bike with 16k miles in pretty nice shape but me being me i wanted a cafe!! but i wanted to kinda stay away from the main stream cafe build and do it my way....cuz all in all i believe a bike should be a creation of ones self expression. so here we go!

this is how i bought the bike not much to it just your usual cb750c with and ugly plum paint job lol

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

the first thing i did was cut the side cover and mold a air vent into it

then i lowered it in the front

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

found a pic of the zx before i got ride of her but it should all b for the better .. had a lot of time in her!!

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

the lowering links i installed were from a goldwing but eventually i had to remove them because of the new exhaust having clearance problems

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

so this was the way i rode her up to about 2 weeks ago...fun but i still wanted to build the bike my way!

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
ill post more pics later on tonight just want to get a couple of opinions and talk to yall about some of your builds.

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

Very COOL! where did you get the vents?

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
at autozone they had them on sale for like 5 bucks lol did know what i was going to do with them until i got home and played with them on the bike

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

ok more pics wraped the exhaust and tore down for paint

wanted to do a flat black and red tank and frame so here is the start of it

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750

here is another view of the tank and one of the othe side-cover

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
NOW to the hard work I wanted to do something a little different with the exhaust so i went with an under- tail exhaust which wound up more of a challange than i thought!

hope yall like it!

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
here are the most recent pics of the bike only have the finish the seat.... which is going to be a surprise so hope u like the build.
any questions just message me or reply to the thread

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

wvhardtail
Looking good so far. I dig the flat black paint. Rattle can? If so, what brand did you use?

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

usmc750
Yeah its rattled its 500* engine enamel flat black with flat clear

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

Looking real nice. Only thing I would change right now, at your current stage, would be to axe the speedo and tach for a smaller 1 piece unit. Mainly because the gauges sit so high on these bikes. Maybe paint the exhaust can to match the bike better but then that depends on your rear fender choice.

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

lcochran
Really liking the exhaust idea.  Once you choose your idea on a cafe tail, i'd widen your exhaust tip at the end to kind of "form fit" with the tail. Tuck it right under the cafe tail.  Be pretty sexy lookin IMHO.  Check out my wonderful 'Paint" rendition.

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

voltes5254
hello' how can lowerd my front fork  any idea? i got 74 cb 750 i saw some cafe bike much lowerd mine  please help thank's.

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

Just loosen the bolts on the triple tree, and slide it down on the forks. That's the easiest way, and if you ever want to put the bike back to original just slide them back up.

Re: 80 cb750c cafe/custom

kramit

Very nice build you took the original , and changed the bike to look how you wanted it. Very creative
build. Looks fast, and cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kramit