81 CB750 wiring question

Jonnyboy74
Hi, I'm attempting to do the electrical on my 81 CB750. I'm going with a simplified approach. On a few of the diagrams floating around the net they show a single 30A fuse between the positive feed off the battery to your ignition coil while others show multiple fuses in the line through out the harness. Anybody have any idea if I can get away with a single 30A fuse for my entire harness? Thx, any advice would be appreciated!

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Yes you can, but I always use a 20 amp circuit breaker for the main, and then two 10 amp fuses for the light circuits. I put the headlight on one and the tail/brake on the other when I do custom wiring.

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Jonnyboy74
Thank you, that clears that up. Now on the signal lights there are multiple leads. Do I just run these off of the switch as well? Not quite sure where to feed the blinkers from. I'm keeping it simple and eliminating the factory harness but I legally need blinkers. I attached a pic with the leads. I tried to find a diagram but I trust this forum more than a random Google search image. Thank you again for any advice ppl.image1.PNG

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 20, 2015, at 9:57 PM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Yes you can, but I always use a 20 amp circuit breaker for the main, and then two 10 amp fuses for the light circuits. I put the headlight on one and the tail/brake on the other when I do custom wiring.

1977 CB 750-K X 2

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/81-CB750-wiring-question-tp4058865p4058866.html
To unsubscribe from 81 CB750 wiring question, click here.
NAML

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

When adding turn signals, you need to use another 10 amp fuse for the circuit. Go from the fuse to the flasher unit, and then from the flasher to the turn signal switch. Then from the switch you should have an orange wire going to the left turn signals, and a light blue wire going to the right turn signals.

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Jonnyboy74
Thanks TOOLS, would the pic I attached be the flasher relay. I identified everything else electrically I've torn out but these. What are these little gizmos?
image1.JPG
Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2015, at 7:31 AM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:

When adding turn signals, you need to use another 10 amp fuse for the circuit. Go from the fuse to the flasher unit, and then from the flasher to the turn signal switch. Then from the switch you should have an orange wire going to the left turn signals, and a light blue wire going to the right turn signals.

1977 CB 750-K X 2

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/81-CB750-wiring-question-tp4058865p4058873.html
To unsubscribe from 81 CB750 wiring question, click here.
NAML

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Those are part of the ignition system. I believe they are called the ignitors.

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Jonnyboy74
Thx TOOLS. So on that note all the "simplified wiring" CB750 diagrams on the web don't seem to use these, does that make sense that you could bypass these "igniters"? Also had anyone used the Twisted Throttle a Power Hub on their bikes?

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2015, at 11:54 AM, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Those are part of the ignition system. I believe they are called the ignitors.

1977 CB 750-K X 2

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/81-CB750-wiring-question-tp4058865p4058876.html
To unsubscribe from 81 CB750 wiring question, click here.
NAML

Re: 81 CB750 wiring question

Nope, you can't bypass those. They are basically the same thing as CDI boxes ( or an MSD box, if you are familiar with those). But they are tiny and wire directly in to the pulse generator, so they are easy to figure out/ hide.