Another CB for the Hord

rich
Just came access this jewel on a local facebook for sale group. Guy says it's an 81, but clearly it's a SOHC. He was asking $300 but dropped the price down to $250 so I'm going to pick it up after work. I'm pretty sure it's a 77 or 78. He says that it runs, I'll have to see that to believe it.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

It's a SOHC Honda. It should run!

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
Yup. It was a 78. Missing airbox, side covers, Ignition switch, and a bit more. But in good shape. Not a lot of rust since it was in a barn. Exhaust are all shot though.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

Heck of a find for $250!

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
Some better pics.

These shocks are interesting. Progressive?

Check out these repairs on the pipes. I love the tin foil!

No ignition switch. There's a toggle switch hidden below to turn the power on.

I sort of like the white paint and the Windjammer III. It reminds me of a police bike.

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

Truck
Good old 100 mile an hour tape! Fixes anything.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
TOOLS1 wrote
It's a SOHC Honda. It should run!
TOOLS
Indeed! It does run.

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

I knew it would. Buttttttt since you were starting to catch up to my collection, I just bought two more CB 750's
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1977-Honda-CB750A-CB750K-parts-bikes-/151785984742?autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=GCl%252FbAVVjAXr52PEhfoC6qdbiRc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
Two for $169! You dog.

Did you notice the sound of my starter in the video? It keeps disengaging.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich wrote
TOOLS1 wrote
It's a SOHC Honda. It should run!
TOOLS
Indeed! It does run.

You just can't kill these things!

Re: Another CB for the Hord

That starter was sounding a little rough. Might just need to clean the starter drive.

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
Had to trim this thing down. I have to load it back in the truck and take it and have the VIN number inspected so I can apply for an antique title. Thought, it might be best to get that step done before spending any money on it. They said I can apply for the title without actually getting a plate and insurance, etc. Although I know, in Kansas, you can get a title on a vehicle over 35 years old with just a bill of sale, I haven't actually done it yet.

Took a ton of stuff off:

She's looking a little bare now:

I did notice I'm missing a spoke in the rear wheel. And I'll have to find a motor mount for the right side if I want to take of the crash bars. The mount for the crash bar replace the upper mount. The exhaust came off nice an easy. Too bad all the mufflers are rusted out. The starter is working much better now that I've run it a few times. It runs like crap without the air box though.
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Another CB for the Hord

If the starter is sounding better with use I would read that add surface rust ( like Tools mentioned) coming off. You don't want that snot in yer oil. I'd pop the stator cover off and give her a good wash out.

Re: Another CB for the Hord

rich
Good idea. Thanks. I want to pull the covers and polish them up anyways so that'll kill two birds with one stone. Haven't had a chance to get it down town and have the VIN inspection done yet.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 3:05 PM, shinyribs [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If the starter is sounding better with use I would read that add surface rust ( like Tools mentioned) coming off. You don't want that snot in yer oil. I'd pop the stator cover off and give her a good wash out.
A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.~George Washington

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Another-CB-for-the-Hord-tp4058200p4058606.html
To unsubscribe from Another CB for the Hord, click here.
NAML

89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K