Before and after...

heath1066
Last summer

Today

Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
A few More

Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

Truck
is that the stock seat pan? Looks good!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Before and after...

Three things here. 1st You proved that the stock airbox can look good. 2nd I like how you utilized that frame brace for the ignition switch mount. 3rd And the most important, you kept the two up seat. So many guys do not understand the whole point of having a motorcycle today, which is to pick up good looking woman and have them hold on tight.

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
Agreed on the seat Tools, I get real confused when a dude asks me why I don't have a solo seat...

Truck it is a stock seat pan that was modified, jut the long sides on the front half trimmed down and the foam reshaped.
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

Truck
I agree with Tools, that airbox looks good! and are those speakers on the bars?!?

Those tail lights look nice, who makes them?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
Yup, speakers, hate not having music when riding.  I think Motone makes the tail lights, got them from Dime City.
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

Do the taillights work as brake and turn signals? If so, what did you use to separate the signal so that they could use the same bulb?

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
They do work as both, I use the Running light side as turn, brake is brake and Running light (uses single wire function from the electronics controller I used.)
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

What controller did you use?

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
I used the MUnit from Motogadget.  It's pretty cool and versatile

http://motogadget.com/en/electrics/electronic-control-box-m-unit/m-unit/m-unit-digit-tastersteuerung-u-sicherung.html
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

Everything looks sporty when it's been flat-black'd.

Did you put the battery and the 'lectrics in the fork/fender bag? Careful with the metal buckles on them stanchions.

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
Battery is in the swing arm, electrics are under the seat. You can see the rectifier poking out in this pic...  Made a custom battery box and electrics tray.

Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
That upside down photo doesn't make much sense...  Stupid phone.
Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

Nice work. You do not see very many rivets used any more.

Re: Before and after...

heath1066
Oh, they're not rivets, just acorn nuts and cap screws. Hated seeing bare threads.

On Monday, May 30, 2016, TOOLS1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Nice work. You do not see very many rivets used any more.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Before-and-after-tp4060442p4060505.html
To unsubscribe from Before and after..., click here.
NAML

--

Heath Hays, CTS
Sound Designer, Photographer

Heath
Chicago, the greatest city in these United States
1982 CB750C in progress...

Re: Before and after...

I thought those two fasteners on the right with the washers were rivets.

Re: Before and after...

cblover
Love the matte black color. Nice clean bike.