Bull City Rumble

Overlord
Anyone ever been to this event?  It sounds pretty cool.  It's a vintage bike and scooter show based on the British Mods vs. Rockers days of the 1960s in Britain.  Probably a lot of very cool cafe race bikes there.

www.bullcityrumble10.com

Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Bull City Rumble

Overlord wrote
  Probably a lot of very cool cafe race bikes there.
I don't understand.

Re: Bull City Rumble

Could be a good time. It's the people that makes these events fun,not just the bikes,even though they are nice to see.

When we go to the swap meets at Mid Ohio and Barber we always have a blast. And most all the bikes at those events are garbage.

Re: Bull City Rumble

Overlord
What don't you understand? There should be a lot of Cafe Racer "styled" bikes at the event.  The theme of the event is centered on the Mods vs. Rockers culture from Britain in the mid 1960s. These two subcultures often clashed in riots and other street fights in places like Briton on the coast of Britain in th 60s. The Mods were known for their scooters they rode, often modified with lots of lights and mirrors, typically Vespas and Lambrettas.  The Rockers were known for their bigger "chopped" bikes like Nortons and BSAs which they would modify and race from coffee shop to coffee shop in cities like London, hence the name "Cafe Racer". It was an interesting time in Britain and the bikes were very cool.  To get a sense of the time and place of this point in history I recommend watching the movie Quadrophenia which was produced by The Who.  Cool flick with an awesome soundtrack. Bikes like the CB750F took their styling queue from the popularized modifications the Cafe Racers were doing to their bikes in the 1960s as I understand it.
Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Bull City Rumble

I understand "Mods Vs. Rockers" it's "cool cafe bikes" I don't understand. There are so many of the darn things that they have become as cookie cutter, and cliche as the chromed out Harley's on bike night that they are just not cool any more.

Re: Bull City Rumble

Overlord
Ahhhhh Gotcha. Yeah I'm a stock kind of guy typically when it comes to classic bikes and cars for the most part.  Nothing wrong with some customization if that's what you want.  But you're right, you see a lot of bikes that are "customized" but they end up looking just like all the other customized bikes out there when it's just mass produced after market, off the shelf, bolt on customization that everyone's doing.
I have yet to see another 75-76 F model CB750 like mine around where I live, so even though it's pretty much stock, it's "different" looking to most folks because you just don't see them often.

I do like the home fabricated cafe racer bikes more so than the chromed out HDs typically.
Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Bull City Rumble

Overlord wrote
I have yet to see another 75-76 F model CB750 like mine around where I live, so even though it's pretty much stock, it's "different" looking to most folks because you just don't see them often.
Well, there used to be one other that I know of(mine :P ) but I made a *gasp* cafe-ish type thing out of it. I kinda regret not keeping it stock and...well,keeping it! But I made a stupid profit when it sold so I'm happy.

I do want a stock-ish SOHC F,though. My radar is always on,but I ain't getting no blips.