CB160 Oil Change

Tompkins
I recently picked up a 1966 CB 160, have ordered a service manual and trying to figure out some basic things about my bike. Have a question about the two drain plugs. Are they both for the engine oil or is the one closest to the rear tire for the transmission? Does_20191111_190252.JPG this bike use trans fluid or only 30w oil? Also does anyone know what the top filler plug next to the dip stick it. (Photo attached) Help is much appreciated.

Re: CB160 Oil Change

That is not a filler plug, that is the shift drum guide pin. There is a sleeve on it and if it has fallen off into the crankcase the engine will have to be disassembled to repair.  here is a link to the parts fiche, look at #11 and #12. https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/honda/motorcycle/models-with-no-year/cb160-a/upper-crankcase-shift-drum
On the oil drain, the flanged bolt is the drain plug. The engine and transmission share the oil. I recommend Shell Rotella T-4 10W-40 oil for your bike.

Re: CB160 Oil Change

Tompkins
Thanks TOOLS1 appreciate your help. I can actually see the sleeve and looks like it will seat once the plug is screwed back in. Is this something that I should take out and place it back on the plug or buy a new one. I don't understand the function of this. Also what's in that hole - engine oil? Thanks again.

Re: CB160 Oil Change

If the retaining screw will go back into the sleeve while it is in the case just put it back in. Nothing goes into that hole but the retaining pin/screw. The oil goes into the oil filler hole right beside the shift drum retaining screw.
If you look in the repair manuals thread right above this tread you will find a link to the Factory Honda Service Manual for your bike. It would be a good thing to read.

Re: CB160 Oil Change

Tompkins
Thanks again. Manual is on the way.