CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

CTnighthague
Hey,

I'm new here. I am from Connecticut and bought a 77 CB750k and it took a year to fix but it is running great now. It's insured, road ready, but I have a vin check standing in my way.

The problem is I need to get a vin check but everywhere I bring it says that the vin won't pull up (vin says cb750k-#######)  The issue is that it doesn't have enough digits ( obviously being pre 1981 ). I called the DMV from out of state where the bike is from and they verified the last owner who sold it to me was the last to own it so it is clean. I want to avoid the DMV inspection lane but from what I keep reading that seems like the only option. Is there anything else I can do to get a vin check and avoid lugging my bike down to the dreaded dmv?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

If you have the title and it is clean, there should not be any problem other then the hassle of taking the bike for inspection. Unfortunately each state has their own ways of doing things. However there is always the great state of Vermont. They do not title anything over 15 years old, or under 500cc, and you do not need to live there to register your bike there. Just go on their web site, print off the forms, fill them out, send them with payment, and a few weeks later you will have a license plate with legal registration.

Re: CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

CTnighthague
I definitely considered that, however their site and any other blurb I have read about the process mention needing a vin check sent in with the paperwork as well so If that is the case I'm hitting the same road block in both states : /

Maybe i can just apply and hope they overlook it?

Re: CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

CTnighthague
I also don't have the title as my state and the state I bought it from don't require them and the previous owner lost it

Re: CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

I have done Vermont registrations and never needed a VIN check. That is for titling a newer vehicle. However I do send in a picture of the Ser# with my paper work.

Re: CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check

CTnighthague
Ok I'll give that a try, thank you very much

On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 4:36 PM, TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have done Vermont registrations and never needed a VIN check. That is for titling a newer vehicle. However I do send in a picture of the Ser# with my paper work.

http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/CB760-K-Vin-is-short-will-not-pass-vin-check-tp4062678p4062683.html
To unsubscribe from CB760 K Vin is short/ will not pass vin check, click here.
NAML