CENTER STAND

CAMERON
I just bought a 1979 750 f with no center stand.  I installed a used one that seems to be correct
according to all the pictures and diagrams, however in the up position, it makes contact with
the drive chain.  Is there somthing that is supposed to keep the stand form rising too high?

Re: CENTER STAND

Piute
  On my '77' f theres a bracket that helps hold up th 4 into 1 muff.
  BUT also has a rubber boot that is the stop for my center stand,
  Shinnyribs has a pic asking what it was for few weeks ago.
    .........Piute.......

Re: CENTER STAND

here is what it looks like not sure of your frame?

Re: CENTER STAND

CAMERON
Thanks.  I'll check that out!

Re: CENTER STAND

That keeps the chain tight, so, you do not need to adjust as often.

Re: CENTER STAND

Yeah,thats it! I was wondering what that rubber was for!   I still got it if you need it.I'm not gonna reuse it on mine,went a different route.If you need it let me know.It needs a good home

Re: CENTER STAND

Peterwh
I dont know much about the DOHCs but its likely the exhaust has been changed.  If you look at my post "1978K", you will see a pic of how I made a bracket to fix the same issue.  I have to give Tools the credit for my inspiration.