CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

Peterwh wrote

Clearly the original engineers had something in mind when they designed the frame because, to my mind, this particular part of the frame looks very much like an after-thought to address a particular issue and they designed what is a very stiff space frame in this area, particularly noting the use of the bracket that connects the main tube to the lower two tubes.  It looks to me as if the bracket was an attempt to introduce a lot of torsional stiffness.  Why did they feel they needed to do this?
I thought the exact same thing the first time i pulled the tank off my bike.The factory setup looks very un-planned,indeed.

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

The bolt through kit shown at is different then Vox's kit. Vox's kit does put the tubes in compression when, you tighten the nut. Take a good look at the picture of his kit, and visualize it's installation. I think it might be stronger because it is pre stressing the frame.

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

Peterwh
I was absolutely commenting on the arrangement in The photograph. If Voxes kit is different then I couldn't comment unless I saw it.

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

callmephil
so is it a piece that sticks down in the tube then another bar bolted to it because i thought this was originally made so it was easy to get to the single over head cam but if you have to remove the whole thing why not just weld a single .120 wall tube down the middle just a curious 19 year old with little motorcycle experience and a project that is wayyyy over my head lol

 1975 cb750 bored out to an 863

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

Lucky 1
This is why I would not trust an engineer to build a go cart. They get too distracted by numbers.

BTW...Airplane wings ARE bolted on.

Most all machines in the world were developed by inventors who
had no engineering degree or computer programs.
They had a feeling for the materials they work with,  and experience building things.

On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

   Hey Phill
 Thanks dude ,I was just asking ChromeRibs about this mod,needing to add this winter,He has something like it on his bikes.

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

Lucky 1 wrote

Most all machines in the world were developed by inventors who
had no engineering degree or computer programs.
They had a feeling for the materials they work with,  and experience building things.
That's an awesome statement

Phil,your bike looks sick dude! More info!

Re: CUT THE FRAME ? 4 heads bolt back on PICTURE only

callmephil
thanks im still looking someone to do my weld for me i now have everything i need for it to be road ready short of a front brake cable and my weld but i have new bars mirrors grips chain tail light throttle pull and push cables and my carb rebuild kit I've also done a little painting on it
12