Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
I am posting as a new member so I hope I am posting this in the correct section.

I am finishing up my 76 CB750 bobber build and I took the bike to my motorcycle mechanic to tune carbs and some other minor things. When I got the bike back i noticed that the rear brake light and license plate light wires were rewired incorrectly. I can't remember how I had it wired up originally and the person who helped me originally is no longer available to help.
  Now when I hit the rear brake pedal, without the key on, the brake light lights up. I noticed that the hot wire runs to the solenoid which I am sure is incorrect. Can anyone set me in the right direction? I am not using the original harness. The twilight is a license plate light brake light combo.

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Here is a simplified wiring diagram for your bike. It should put you in the right direction.
How about posting some pictures of the bike?

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
Here are some pics. Couldn't get the whole bike in the frame inside garage. I will take better pics once I can get it outside. Raining now.

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

That is nice! I like it!!!!!!!!! What front wheel did you use?

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Whoa! That's an awesome bike! We need much more info and pics on that thing!

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
Thanks for the kind words. It's not perfect by no means but I think it turned out ok for my first build.
 It started as a 75' cb750k, chopped the rear section off and added a hard tail section with a 6" stretch. The front hub is off of a cb450. I painted the centers of both hubs copper that carries over into the paint job. I spiked the rims myself with stainless steel spokes. Tires are Avon 3 .50 x 19 on the front and 4.00 x 18 on the rear.
 I found and bought the headlight at mid Ohio bike days at the swap meet area. I believe it came off a old BMW. I removed the key mechanism that is usually on the top of these headlights and installed a push button for an electric start.
  I wanted a low profile handlebar so I made my own by mixing conventional style handlebars with clamp in style mounts.
  I painted the bike with rattle cans and finished it with a two part clear rattle can to protect from oil and gas. I did a lace insert.

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

You did that paint with a rattle can. My hat is off to you sir. Is the hardtail from Cycle One?

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
Yes, hardtail is from cycle one. They do nice work.

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 11:51 AM TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:
You did that paint with a rattle can. My hat is off to you sir. Is the hardtail from Cycle One?

http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Cb750-bobber-rear-brake-light-problem-tp4063516p4063534.html
To unsubscribe from Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem, click here.
NAML

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Red makes the best hardtails, and frames. He and Kate are really nice too. I have shared a meal with them a few times.

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
Latest addition. Copper mirror

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

That's just so cool. I love how you mounted the bars, and the teardrop oil tank is very nice. Don't think I've seen that before.   Very nice work all around. You should be proud!

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem

Gshall66
Hey, thanks! There are some things I would like to improve on but overall I am pleased with the results. Do you have a build to show pics of?

Re: Cb750 bobber rear brake light problem