Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Found this at Best Buy today. Works good and is pretty sturdy. It has just the right amount of rigidity to hold your phone or gps nice and tight,but it doesn't seem to pick up any of the handle bar vibrations. I never saw it try to dance any. Plenty of rubber for a good,scratch free grip. I'm real happy with it.

And CDA,thanks for the Trapster infoWith my phone on here I was alerted to TWO speed traps today! Awesomeness! ...of course I was NOT speeding to begin with,mind you...

They are not in the phone accessory area,but over by the car stereo department. $20

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

cdaiscool
Excellent! I know what I'm picking up over the next few days...
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Looks good, and will work with a wide variety of devices.
I just picked up a 2 year old Tomtom GPS for MC use.  $2 US at a garage sale.  It needed a bit of cleaning, and some contact cleaner for the USB port, but it works fine.
Then I found the Tomtom brand handlebar mount for it from a shop in Taiwan.  5 cents US plus $6 shipping, and it got here in 4 days!  Pretty amazing.

So, I tried it yesterday on a long run from my house to Springfield (~65 miles one way).  No vibrations, decent display despite the bright sunlight. It beats getting out a paper map/directions every intersection. :-)>  I still need to mess with the color maps to find something legible in daylight, and to rig up a 12V auto power socket (cigarette lighter receptacle).  That might be fun.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Lucky 1
I think those gadgets can get you killed...Or worse.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

You are not wrong Lucky.You really need to discipline yourself not to fool with while you are riding.My speaker on my phone is loud enough i can hear the GPS lady talking to me while riding,so i dont have to look at it for directions. She's quite rude to be honest...

Luke,I know what you mean about the screen.Nearly impossible to see in the daylight. It amazes my that my smart phone:todays pinnacle of technology-is impossible to view in direct sunlight...how did they overlook that?  I have to figure out a charging setup,too.Trapster and GPS really kicks your phone's battery right in the butt. I can go 2 days on a charge,or 2 hours with my phone running!

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

cdaiscool
Quality of image vs sunlight readability.

http://www.eink.com/

E-Ink is AWESOME for seeing in the sun. That's what powers the Kindle.

AMOLED is better (allegedly; never used it myself) but it's still not great. But better than LCD/LED screens from what I was reading on it before.
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Yeah,Crystal's Nook is like that. it looks cool as all get out.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Best practice is to install a secondary fuse block ($8, any auto-supply store):  put an in-line fuse of, say, 20 Amps, connected directly to the battery, using a $4 relay, which is connected to a running light circuit (the fuse block will be switched off when the key is off, to avoid killing your battery).  The fuse block will then allow you to install a second, 5/10/15 Amp fuse for individual circuits.  I just did this with my Voyager:  installed a 12 Volt outlet, as you describe, also installed a set of 3 Watt LED fog/running/lights, which are mounted on the engine guard bars; plan on installing new, car disc horns, wired directly to the battery, using a relay wired into the horn button, for maximum sound.  Just remember not to draw too much current while driving, or you will drain your battery...  Voltmeters are your friend.  Cheers!

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Fosterthiele
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

It's funny that people got along just fine without them, for centuries. I went 40 years without one. I do have one now, but only use it make phone calls, and never when I am driving, eating, or anyplace where it would bother any one else.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

Dudes a spammer. He's just trying to sell cell phone jammers. He posted a 100% identical post in Lucky's router thread. I'd ditch him iffen I knew how

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

POOF!  That felt soooooooo good.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

And the hammer of THOR comes down.

KA-THUNK!

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

jackleemaster
Banned User
The  phone jammer is amazing! I have got one phone jammer, really does work, you know, without the annoying of calls, peace of mind. I think everyone needs one. hope can help you.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

jackleemaster
Banned User
As we all know,While the mobile phone brings great conveniences to people, it also raises new challenge on the security of confidential work. In recent years, the wiretap, cheating in examination, medical negligence and gas station explosion with mobile phone occurred and it has aroused great concern of the society. Maybe it's one of the reasons that promoted the appearance of phone jammer.You may be watching a nice movie or enjoying your nap when you get free for sometime. Still you have chances of getting disturbed with your most loved ones and close friend chatting near you on the cell phone. At such hours, if you really care for your free time then you need to buy a cell phone jammer.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

shultz_1978
He is backkkkk.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

He has been banned again. I decided not to delete his postings.

Isn't it a shame when little kids get ahold of mom's computer, and make life difficult for everyone else?
Imagine how the world would be if he used his powers for good.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

I hate to say this, but I want one of those phone jammers.

Re: Cell phone/GPS mount for handlebars

free2ride
LukeM wrote
He has been banned again. I decided not to delete his postings.

Isn't it a shame when little kids get ahold of mom's computer, and make life difficult for everyone else?
Imagine how the world would be if he used his powers for good.

Luke M
"It's a shame he didn't use his mom's computer for niceness instead of evil".

"The thing about quotes on the Internet is you cannot confirm their validity" - Abraham Lincoln

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." - Winston S. Churchill

Most motorcyclists live more in five minutes than other people do in their entire lives.

when you mix religion with politics you get politics

people say I'm condescending (that means I talk down to people)