Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Half-Caf
I was wondering if anyone has tried the cherrybomb exhaust system on their 750 (or a similar glasspack muffler). I am looking for a little more ballsy sound and also like the look of the short exhaust system.

Ideally, I would be running a 12" glasspack off of my existing 4-1 headers. Any concerns such as losing too much back-pressure? I would like to avoid re-jetting.
I found a video where a guy had welded a large washer in the end of his cherry bomb to reserve some back pressure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIrOfDYa1Mk

Any thoughts?
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Piute
Check out Mac's posting about exhaust;

 My bike came with a tractor muff (bomb) cut it down to clear Axel and not need extra bracket
  was 2ft.long or longer,now about 13inch.reversed the end stuck it thru the baffle giving the back-end A cup look rather then 6inch tube(tractor)."CHERRY-BOMB"this was a test fit ,had to make conection smller.weld and filled grounded even painted then covered whole thing with heat shield Going to have to switch the baffle around and try that sound next,Ya see some have lots of lil holes that are cupped to catch exhaust and force it thru the wrap (making it quitter)by turning it around allows it to flow more,(can also remove glass completely)
  not sure of performance

Re: Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Half-Caf
Yeah, saw that thread.. wasn't even exactly sure what he did there -maybe its just me??

I'm thinking more of a stock cherry bomb slipped right onto the end of the headers.
No thoughts on the re-jet?
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Piute
 When ever you change intake or exhaust you risk the fact of changing some-thing inside the carb,
 BUTThey say that due to emission and restrictions that you can change exhaust(breath out more) and only have adjustments rather then changes,

 AND if you plan to change the intake(pods or somthing)do it all at once to get it fine tuned.

Re: Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Half-Caf
I actually already purchased a set of pods, but don't think I will end up putting them on.
I figured I would want to have a professional handle any re-jetting, but they all quoted me between 3 and 4 hundred

With that in mind, I think I will stick to the stock airbox and research things a little more before I go ahead and buy... (hence the reason I started this thread)
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Cherrybomb / Glasspack Muffler

Piute
In that vid. they cut off the end(welded in a big washer ?) I'm no welder but seems pretty hard to weld all that inside of muff end(and not warp)
 what I did was reverst what I cut off and welded from outsidethis way No warping or dis-uglyness grind it clean and paint