Extra hose on top of carbs

jd

Extra hose on top of carbs

jd
Just bought a CB750K and found a hose going into the top of the carb bank but not attached to anything on the other end. Could anybody help me with what this goes to?

Re: Extra hose on top of carbs

That could be a vacuum line that goes from around carb #2 to a fuel metering valve.  It's a fuel cutoff in case the engine stops.

If you could get a picture of it and post it, it may help.

Re: Extra hose on top of carbs

What year of bike? I know my 78k has a hose which is just a vent and does not attach to anything.