Front Brake Help

81 supersport
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Front Brake Help

Here is a diagram. Can you tell me which rubber cup it is?

It is hard to get them to bleed when they are completely dry. I often use a pump type oil can, and a piece of rubber vacuum hose. I fill the oil can with break fluid, and pump it back through the bleeder to the master cylinder. Another way is to use a vacuum break bleeder, but I prefer the oil can method. It forces the air up; which is the way it wants to go.
TOOLS

P.S. I twist a piece of mechanics wire around the rubber tube like a hose clamp to make it tight.

Re: Front Brake Help

81 supersport
It's hard to define from the pic but it looks like the 2nd to last piece on #14. it's the little rubber cup that the spring rests on at the very back of the cylinder.

On another note I have another question. It's a dual front brake set up and the left caliper housing rubs the disc and makes the worst noise ever.Is there a way to just run the right break only and just plug the left hook up until I figure it out So i can get it inspected?

Re: Front Brake Help

You could remove the line from the splitter, and replace the banjo bolt with a 10X1.25 bolt. just put one of the copper washers on it. I can't understand why the caliper is rubbing. Is it a worn out break pad? Some times the caliper will stick on the bolts it slides on, and this will wear out the pad on the piston side.
About the rubber cup. It is supposed to cup towards the spring, and the spring goes in large end first, so that means it cups the small end. Here is a video on rebuilding master cylinders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W24asyNujs

Re: Front Brake Help

81 supersport
Ok, I think I have this bad boy figured out. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Thanks for the help