Front End Shocks on amen frame

jsfoles
My chopper in the front en rattles my teeth when i hit road expansions... what can i do to to make it a lot smoother. Thanks John

Re: Front End Shocks on amen frame

Switch to a springer, or girder front end. However you might want to start with changing to fork oil (it uses ATF for oil) and check the steering bearings. I would recommend swapping to tapered roller bearings. Cycle-X sells a kit to do this.

Re: Front End Shocks on amen frame

jsfoles
Thanks for the word on the front end.  i just found out i have a bigger problem. My charging system is not working.  I battery is new and been tested.
i need to change my charging system on my 1975 honda cb 750. Is timing an issue in doing this?  And can anyone suggest a good video. I am  mechanically a C plus but hoping me and a A plus guy can do it. He just did nt want to get involved with messing with the timimg.   thanks for all the help.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 4:21 PM, TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Switch to a springer, or girder front end. However you might want to start with changing to fork oil (it uses ATF for oil) and check the steering bearings. I would recommend swapping to tapered roller bearings. Cycle-X sells a kit to do this.

http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Front-End-Shocks-on-amen-frame-tp4062706p4062707.html
To unsubscribe from Front End Shocks on amen frame, click here.
NAML

Re: Front End Shocks on amen frame

The charging systems on the SOHC are pretty bullet proof. Have you check it with a volt/Ohm meter to see if it is charging? I would be checking the wiring, and the voltage regulator. If you did have problem with the stator, it ca be changed without affecting the timing.