Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

TCretro
I am putting finishing touches on a 77 CB750a.  I have original air box on and am trying to figure out where the wire leads get connected that come from the fuel solenoid on the carbs. I have found a lot of information about the solenoids but cannot find where the wire gets connected to. Appreciate any help.

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

There should be two wires the same color as the ones on the solenoid coming out of the wiring harness that these connect to. One goes to the "Changing relay" and the other to the "Speed warning unit." Both of these are mounted to the battery box.

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

TCretro
Hey Tools. Thanks for the info. You seem to be the go to guy for the 750a. Did I see in another post somewhere that you said the speed sensor, fuel solenoid and changing relay may not be needed. I have another 76 A that is missing a lot of stuff and I was going to try and be a little more creative with that one.  I found the two wires from the changing relay on the 77 but the green w/black had a female connector like the one from the solenoid. The other black wire from the solenoid was a black male and the one from the changing relay was solid green female. So I was just going to change connectors and hook the black and the green together and also the two green with black tracers together. Think that should be ok?

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

What that solenoid does is kick up the idle speed when the bike is put into gear. It is not really needed. I have installed different carbs on several "A" models and did not have the kick up solenoid. I just adjust the idle with the bike in gear. It will idle a little high when in neutral, but how often do you leave a matic sit and idle in neutral. As for changing the connectors to make things work, I doubt that would be a good idea. The wires should be there, and have the correct connectors on them already.

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

Jchoate45
Can anyone send me an image or tell me where to connect the speed sensor on a Cb750a. Believe it connects with 2 wires and has 2 prongs.  We have her running but is very sluggish.  Deleted the air box with pods and larger jets.  Any help would be much appreciated. I want to bring her back to life but I’m stumped on this part.  1978 cb750a

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

All the speed sensor does is disengage the idle solenoid when the bike gets up to a certain speed. It has nothing to do with how the bike runs. I have done away with it on a few bikes, you have to when installing different carbs. You did not go into detail about the running problem, so my advice would be to put the airbox back on. It will run a LOT BETTER with it than with pods, and give you a baseline to start diagnosing from. Especialy if you are using those cheap (not K&N) pods.

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

Jchoate45
Everything you said is spot on.  But I fell in love with something like this and am close just wondering if that whole thing could be bypassed and how.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 31, 2018, at 11:00 AM, TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Honda's] <[hidden email]> wrote:

All the speed sensor does is disengage the idle solinod when the bike gets up to a certian speed. It has nothing to do with how the bike runs. I have done away with it on a few bikes, you have to when installing different carbs. You did not go into detail about the running problem, so my advice would be to put the airbox back on. It will run a LOT BETTER with it than with pods, and give you a baseline to start diagnosing from. Especialy if you are using those cheap (not K&N) pods.

http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Fuel-Solenoid-on-1977-CB750A-tp4059261p4063124.html
To unsubscribe from Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A, click here.
NAML

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

Just don't hook it back up. But like I said, that is not why it is running "sluggishly".

Re: Fuel Solenoid on 1977 CB750A

Jchoate45
Ok that helps.  So it should run fine without the speed sensor.  Thanks Tools.  Hard to find out stuff on these bikes.

Sent from my iPhone

http://vintage-and-classic-honda-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Fuel-Solenoid-on-1977-CB750A-tp4059261p4063126.html