Great day shot

Beekeeper
Yesterday was a beautiful day for a ride.  I put the Gopro in my pocket, pulled on the windbreaker, and headed into the mountains.  I blasted up Parleys Canyon about 30 miles, then about 6 miles up a graded dirt road.  That's when things started going wrong.  Damn throttle cable broke (34 years old, should have replaced it)  I coasted back down hill to what looked like a winter parking lot for heavy equipment and figured I could change the push side cable to the pull side, and get back home.  I pulled the side cover off, and remembered the tool kit was on the bench at home!  Things just kept getting better as my cell couldn't get a signal and I started walking.  About an hour of walking, and finally a truck came up the road.  He must have took pity on me, sweating my ass off, cause he said find some shade and he would be back to give me a ride.  Half hour later, there he was, and he brought me all the way home.  He wouldn't accept any gas money, didn't want a beer.  Thats what I call a good samaritan right there!

Re: Great day shot

Half-Caf
He didn't even want a beer?
Glad you were able to make it back anyway. You ever make any videos with the gopro?
The best things in life are custom
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/halfscb
1980 cb750f SS
Chicago, IL

Re: Great day shot

Beekeeper
Yeah, I was stumbling all over myself trying to thank the guy for the ride.  As for the Gopro, I have made a couple short videos of model airplanes flying, but so far, just a few still shots on the Honda.  I need to get a proper mount for the helmet or handlebar.  The mount I have limits me to a side view.