Hand signals

trapper
So who uses 'em? I'm not talking the "stick my arm out I'm turning left" signal. My old man taught me to pat your head when passing another rider to signify a cop up ahead. I used to do this and people would nod. Now I'm getting more and more odd looks. So, I'm wondering, what if any hand signals do people use in your areas?
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Hand signals

Beekeeper
I like to raise my left hand and extend my middle finger to signal an unsafe lane change.  I frequently get a glare and similar signal back.

Re: Hand signals

shultz_1978
If a rider is behind me and see me point down.

Look out some thing in the road or pot hole.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Hand signals

lostson
I wave to every motorcycle I pass by

Re: Hand signals

shultz_1978
I second that one. I even wave to mopeds. They have to start some where.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: Hand signals

trapper
I wave to everyone except mopeds and those damn can-am spider things. I just hate those haha
It ain't a custom till you have customized it yourself.

1981 CB750c (current daily ride and build)
1980 GL500 (Stripped and rebuilding)
1981 CM450 (Stripped and rebuilding)

Re: Hand signals

Ever go to wave to a fellow motorcyclist and cram your your hand into your window......forgetting that your in your cage.

I do this often. I like to do stupid thing when waving to other bikes. Like throw my hand up real high and wave really hard like I actually know them and haven't seen them in years. lol. Gets a lot of looks. The two-handed shoot 'em up ''pew pew pew'' throws some guys for a loop,too. <- My personal favorite! Gotta have fun with it.