Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

The dieing when the throttle is twisted very quickly has been a common problem with these bikes since new, but pods make it worse. When you are moving, it becomes a bog.

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

xghandix
Ive noticed it while riding the bike out deff bogs if i crank it.

If i could find a stock setup I'll try to snatch it.

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

Hey man, you just need a stock airbox? I think I still have a couple if I haven't given them all away. I'll check and see what I got.

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

xghandix
Well, i ordered #45 pilots and fresh clamps for my boots. The old ones were deff from the 70s. If that doesnt work i couldgladly use an airbox to make this thing better than what it is. I like the look of the stock box anyways

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

xghandix
Okay i have some updates

Checked the jetting
120
And now 45 up from 35
Fuel screws 2 turns out
Pods installed
Throttle and choke cables operating properly
Bike starts and idles
New clamps around boots
Spray test had no rpm change
Acclerator pump operating fine
Bike Revs to 5k and bogs with slight backfiring
Wont even go oast 6k, sounds like cylinders die out
Checked all plugs for spark
Points have been set

Have not checked timing, valve clearence, cam chain, or synch carbs

Any further advice?

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

Truck
Hey Shiney, you have any extra air boxes?
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

xghandix wrote

Have not checked timing, valve clearence, cam chain, or synch carbs

Any further advice?
All of the above! Synch the carbs is a must. Valve clearance can definitely cause backfiring. Low timing can cause a lack of revs. Cam chain is just a good idea and takes 2 minutes.

I'd do the valves and cam chain first. Then synch the carbs as the engine is warming. Once hot, you can rev it and check the timing.

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

Timing before carb sync. Carb sync is always the last thing to do when tuning an engine.

Re: Hey all 78' Cb750k new to forum

deskinthewoods
and try taping up the pods...easy test... helped loads with my high end bogging (I know, who is this guy who is all over the pods thing?!!)

1981 CB750K
Wakefield, Québec, CANADA
123