Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

That is good use of the space.

Maz

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Maz
Just making the best of what I 've got.  I need to re-roof it. I'm thinking of putting a pitched roof on to give me some storage space above the bikes..... Might even be able to squeeze a sixth one in then!
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Any progress on the scoot lately?

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

No, I have been really busy with bike repairs. Everyone wants their bikes fixed right now.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

That's a good problem to have. As long as you're charging like you should!

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

I work too cheap.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

I did that for years. Too cheap and too many favors. I quit and things have never been better.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

I need to make changes. However, my machine shop work is starting to take off thanks to the guys at HondaTwins.net. I even have the ability to do valve jobs now. Not only on small engines but automobile engines as well.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Hey, wait a minute. "not doing any more favors" does this include for me?

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

lol

No, of course you are still on the good guy list. Now, finding a spot on the free time list is another matter. You are tooled up better than me anyway

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

It has been a while but I have made some progress on the Allstate. I have been working on the rear brake. I modified a cable to fit and made the cable adapters for it.

First I made this.

Then I made up this vise to hold it.

I cut a slot on it.

This is how it goes on the cable.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Now for the other end. I needed a way to attach the cable to the original brake pedal. So I made this up.

This is the cable mounted in it.

Here it is mounted on the brake pedal.

I made an anchor for the cable.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

Whoa. that slot cutting setup is badass! I'm stealing that one.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

I knew I should have patented it.

Re: Honda Elite engine/running gear into 1952 Sears Allstate scooter.

If I make a million bucks cutting slots I swear to split it with you 50/50, deal? lol
12