Key Stuck in Gas Cap!

Professor_D
Got a salvage '81 CB750 C. Tested the key in the ignition and it fit. Tested the gas cap and it worked, but the key got stuck and will not come out.

Any tips on how to remove the key or take a gas cap apart?

Thanks.

Re: Key Stuck in Gas Cap!

Jreed615
is the cap still in the tank or out of the tank? If it out of the tank you will have tp push down on the ring on the underside of the cap to simulate that the cap has been put back in to the tank. When you do this the key will turn and be able to be pulled free fromt he cap.
81 CB750C

Re: Key Stuck in Gas Cap!

Professor_D
It's out of the tank. I'll give it a try later today. Totally makes sense. I've never had a bike where the whole cap comes off before. Thanks.

Re: Key Stuck in Gas Cap!

Professor_D
Well, that was simple. Thanks for humoring me. Maybe I can think of a more challenging question next time, such as how does a kick-stand work.

Re: Key Stuck in Gas Cap!

Jreed615
Dude don't feel bad. It took me a min to figure it out myself. Glad I could help
81 CB750C