Leaking float bowl

Lucky 1
Ebay crack pipe is more like it.

Crack in 1969 CB750 carb float bowl overflow tube.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Leaking float bowl

You need JB weld

Re: Leaking float bowl

robs750
Solder or heat shrink tubing?

Re: Leaking float bowl

rrgunslinger

Solder would work.

Harvey

On Jun 28, 2012 8:09 AM, "Robs750 [via Honda CB750'S]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Solder or heat shrink tubing?

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Leaking-float-bowl-tp4023690p4023733.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML
American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Leaking float bowl

Jefe06
I'm planning on rebuilding my carbs too, and this just shows me how observant I need to be.  How badly was it leaking?
Orlando, FL
1981 CB750C - rebuild and cafe mods in progress

Let's kick the tires and light the fires!

Re: Leaking float bowl

Lucky 1
I sanded it clean and soldered it.
That glue came off too and there was no
hidden defect under the glue.
Soldered up very nicely.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Leaking float bowl

Lucky 1
It was  leaking about two drops per minute.

Enough to burn down your house during the night.
The crack shows up better in the photo with flash than it does to the naked eye.
I had to use a magnifying glass to see the crack very well with my naked eye.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: Leaking float bowl

rrgunslinger
Gotta love brass!

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Lucky 1 [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I sanded it clean and soldered it.
That glue came off too and there was no
hidden defect under the glue.
Soldered up very nicely.
1978 CB750K Completely restored cafe style

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Leaking-float-bowl-tp4023690p4023742.html
To start a new topic under Honda CB750'S, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Honda CB750'S, click here.
NAML

American by birth. Cowboy by choice! Vero Beach, FL http://i373.photobucket.com/albums/oo172/grandpaslinger/HD%20Road%20Glide/IMAG0046.jpg

Re: Leaking float bowl

motleytom
my over flow tube broke off right at the bottom, 1978 honda cb750k. what can I do to fix this issue

Re: Leaking float bowl

You could replace the float bowl, try to drill out the old tube and put another one in, or just plug it with JB Weld. As long as the float needle is seating the overflow tube is not needed. And if it does overflow, it will just run out the airbox.