Life gets in the way of riding

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

rich
So maybe it was just a stuck float after all. After evicting the bike from my garage and sending it to purgatory (an old shed) for a week I got it out this morning with all intentions of pulling the carbs. I turned the fuel on expecting an unrestrained flow from the left bank and... nothing! Dry as a bone. No leak. I went ahead and rode it for about 5 miles to get it warm and it was still dry. I parked it for about an hour with the fuel on while I adjusted the chain and replaced the air filter and it remained free from fuel overflow.

I just rode it another 25 miles and it hasn't leaked again.

I didn't suspect a stuck float because the fuel appeared to be coming from upper part of carb #2, not from the overflow.

I don't know what to make of it. I don't trust it but I don't want to tear apart the carbs and replace all the fuel tube O-rings if that isn't the problem. It's hard to tell were it was leaking from since it's not leaking any more.

rich wrote
You got that right Piute. I finally decided just to just go for a quick ride to town and damn if my carbs aren't just spewing  gas everywhere!!!!!

Looks like it's just the number 1 and 2. It's not the floats (not coming out of the overflow tube) but it looks like maybe the float bowl gaskets or maybe just #2 (isn't that the one with the accelerator pump on it? Could be that too). Anyway, got to pull them off and wait for parts again so it's another week of not riding.

Well I'm glad I discovered this at home in the garage and not a 100 miles away on Sunday afternoon in the middle of Kansas.
Piute n Judose wrote
When your on this thing in the middle of the day usually it's family or something wrong with bike,Or it scattered all over your shop...Piute...
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

Next time the Toolmatic messes up. I'm going to put it in timeout.

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

DeadmanEmsland
Wow! That is so beautiful! Whats seriously gotta be done to have something like that
(love at first sight)

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

Whatcha lookin' at buddy?

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

DeadmanEmsland

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

Wow! That is so beautiful! Whats seriously gotta be done to have something like that
(love at first sight)

   Nothing to it just a lot of cleaning ,some polish "chrome"ribs"Me some paint ,put grey were the silver is will have back together this week ,fine tuning looks with some brassGotta make it mine

Wow,that is sharp Piute!How did i miss that pic? I just took my motor off and set yours as my desktop background

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

 Wow,that is sharp Piute!How did i miss that pic? I just took my motor off and set yours as my desktop background

 That engine out of frame is not mine

   Took that just for me to what I was doing ,for now,My engine has not been out of frame yet
I'd end up getting carried away like some hill-billy

    You see mine in ,after the carbs I'd polish the rocker cvrs to match.
                                                  >>>Piute<<<N>>>Judose<<<
    Post up date pic 2 mr 0

Re: Life gets in the way of riding

Oh crap,thats right    its coming down     i get stupid from time to time....mainly occurs when i am concious
12