Local CB spotted.

I was out this past...Wednesday(?) and saw a SOHC Super Sport at a local Italian restaurant in Bedford. Was it one of us,maybe?

Re: Local CB spotted.

Well not me, we need to actually stop raining for longer than an hour.

I have, at times, put a note with our url on CBs that I have seen.

Re: Local CB spotted.

That's a good idea. We need business cards

Re: Local CB spotted.

I have actually thought about that. Not many CBs around here so they would be lost on me. Although, maybe I could get some and send them out to members? Hmm, something to ponder.

Re: Local CB spotted.

I could not carry enough cards. SOHC CB 750s are all over Kansas City. I would have to get a DOHC just to be different.

Re: Local CB spotted.

Overlord
Was it parked at Bella Italia in Bedford? Did it look like the one in my avatar picture?
Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Local CB spotted.

Overlord wrote
Was it parked at Bella Italia in Bedford? Did it look like the one in my avatar picture?
 Yes and yes! Your bike wasn't there when we got there,but it was parked outside when we left. Dang! I should have looked for the guy carrying a helmet. lol

That's a nice looking bike you got there bud. I need to get mine running again and get together for a ride sometime.

Re: Local CB spotted.

Overlord
Small world eh?
We definitely need to take a ride soon! Rebuilding her carbs and putting on a regulator/rectifier this weekend.
I think we need to have a Blue Ridge Tour planned for the forum.  Maybe ride Deals Gap, and hit a bike campground somewhere along the route.  Riders Roost in NC has a Honda choppers club event June 21st I think. Might be fun to roll up in there with a bunch of CB750s!  Then end the tour at Shiny's for a big barbecue and keg party with bands!

Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Local CB spotted.

That's a pretty cool idea, I think! I've never been to Deal's Gap, but there's a really nice bike-only campground about and hour and a half away from us at Meadows of Dan. I can't wait to spend some time there again. I haven't even touched mine since I laid it down and boogered up the ignition. Maybe today...

Re: Local CB spotted.

Overlord
Now that's what I'm talking about! Motorcycle camping looks like a lot of fun!
I didn't know you'd laid your bike down Shiny. Hope you weren't injured and your bike won't take too much to get back on the road.

Let me know when you get her running again. The Parkway is calling. "Shiny, oh Shiny? Spring is here, it's warm, and I miss the burn of your rubber on my skin!" is what she's whispering to you...
Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Local CB spotted.

Thanks Overlord. I just got it all back together last night. Quick test ride to make sure everything's OK and I'll be back in action. Maybe we can get in touch this weekend and take in some sites. I'm due for a nice slow ride.

A buddy of mine and myself have been talking about setting up a weekend-long vintage bike camping trip.Maybe leave on Friday evening with enough time to get the tents set up,then return home sometime Sunday.  Nothing special,just a bunch of folks with older bikes hanging out and taking it easy around a camp fire. Most likely we will go to Willville Bike Camp in meadows of Dan. The place in my pic there. It's a nice,clean,quiet place with nice bathroom facilities. And it's cheap,too. IIRC, its $10 or $15 per night to sleep there. We need to talk to some guys and get some details figured out on what works for everyone,but we have been wanting to get some more group rides put together around the Bedford-Roanoke area. Holler if you're game!

*edit* Actually, she's only up and running now. I just remembered I need to weld up the hole in the ignition cover.

Re: Local CB spotted.

Truck
Lets make it a Va thing. I'd be in.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Local CB spotted.

Hey Truck, the more the merrier. I don't care if someone wants to make the trip from Texas, I'm cool with that, but we need to keep the KC riff raff out if at all possible.  ;)

Re: Local CB spotted.

Overlord
I'm up for it!
Overlord
Bedford, VA

75 CB750F
73 XL175
66 S90
72 CT70 (Two)
74 CT70
73 SL70

Re: Local CB spotted.

shinyribs wrote
Hey Truck, the more the merrier. I don't care if someone wants to make the trip from Texas, I'm cool with that, but we need to keep the KC riff raff out if at all possible.  ;)
Yea, it sure would make all you Hillbilly's look silly if some of that KC RIF-raf should up, and put some class into the place.

Re: Local CB spotted.

Truck
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Local CB spotted.

easyrider12
Now with a goldwing,  I've re-vived my plan (dream) of riding from NB to florida on US route 1 about late oct.  Maybe call it the "on a wing and a prayer" tour lol.   Not sure which SEASON I would return though.  $aving starts today.

I would camp in an un-disclosed location in VA to avoid the locals  lol
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.

Re: Local CB spotted.

Hey, there's no reason a CB wouldn't do just as well on a trip like that! I'm sure the Wing is a bit more plush, though.

Speaking of plush, I rode a ZX 750 S the other day. It was like riding in a car it was so smooth. Hmm, I wonder how easily I could adapt that rear suspension on to my F??

Re: Local CB spotted.

Truck
Some pals and I are planning a trip to the Keys in Feb. Hoppin the auto train from DC to Orlando then on to Key West. I'm soooo looking forward to that long bridge ride.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: Local CB spotted.

easyrider12
Yes Truck, this past winter was the worst that I can remember, and If I head south I think i'll find a few good roomates and hunker down for the winter.  The old man has a rental in st. petes for March, and he's always up for a good happy hour, lol.   I put $100 in the kitty today, i'll round up the boys on the way down and save you a seat at the bar, haha.
most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handelbars to the saddle.