My New Ride

18Bravo
This post was updated on .
Mid-life crisis?  Not really. At 53 I think I'm slightly past the midlife stage.  Already had eight bikes, the only one of which had a suitable rear seat for the Misses was the very cantankerous Ural. So she said get one with a rear seat.

[URL=http://s118.photobucket.com/user/18bravo_photos/media/M-ATV%20Walk%20Around/DSC07451_zpsarb0v8lg.jpg.html][IMG]http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/18bravo_photos/M-ATV%20Walk%20Around/DSC07451_zpsarb0v8lg.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

I guess, you still need a rear seat.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

18Bravo
No, it's there, right under my hand!
I put the "G" in Jihad.
Maz

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

Maz
So a CB500T seat won't fit on there, then?

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

Congrats,Bravo. Those Triumph's have the coolest looking frames. I'd love to pick up a set of those rims someday. They look feather light! Really nice bike,man.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

18Bravo
Thanks. Speaking of the frames, my friend and I had ridden Ducatis two days prior -  Monsters and Panigales, but when I sent photos to my wife she wasn't sure she liked them. She'd better like this one, because I'm not taking it back!
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

18Bravo
It turns out my wife hated the seat on the Daytona.  Since I vowed to keep it, we compromised. I got her this:

 photo Theo_zpsrdt2gspj.jpg
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

Truck
NICE!!!
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

18Bravo
Thanks!
I met the president of Royal Enfield in Dallas last weekend at the Progressive show, the day after I bought the bike. I didn't know who he was until later. I wish I had known - I would have asked him to offer a drum brake up front. For the stopping power the disc offers, might as well.
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

Truck
Not sure if they have it for your model but I have seen disk brake kits that look like drums to keep the vintage look.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

18Bravo
I have not seen such a kit, however I've seen one that is a full on drum conversion, requiring new lower stanchions in addition to everything else. At today's conversion rate, the cheapest I've found is still nearly $1000. I guess I'll stick to the disk. However, when the engine eventually need servicing, I'm going with the head/valve/piston upgrade for sure.
At any rate, if a drum were offered from the factory, I think it would sell well.
I put the "G" in Jihad.

Re: My New Ride, and a guess...

I would try upgrading the brake line with a braided stainless line, and DOT 5 fluid. It makes a big difference.