New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Keegster96
Hey half caf!
Yeah ran into the grinding issue lol the old cb750 one will work if you drill out the top bolt at the rear, has to be off set just slightly too. I can't wait for the new cv carbs and digital ignition to make this thing a monster. Haven't been able to take it out yet but in a couple weeks for sure!

I'll post a video on my Instagram @keegster.96 when I do!
Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Gabriel Barnes

I'm in the middle of wanting to do the same thing except I have a 1981 750 F and a 1981 900c wondering if the same swap will work my application

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Keegster96
Should still work the bottom ends are the same from 80 to 83 I believe. And the nice part is you don't have to take the top end off its about 42 bolts total and a couple hours once it's out of the frame

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018, 9:49 AM Gabriel Barnes [via Vintage and Classic Honda's], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm in the middle of wanting to do the same thing except I have a 1981 750 F and a 1981 900c wondering if the same swap will work my application

To unsubscribe from New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?, click here.
NAML
Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Gabriel Barnes
So what you're saying is I can go through the bottom end of the motor and just replace the shaft?

Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Gabriel Barnes
That's awesome thanks a lot for the info now I just got to swap them over.  then rebuild the carbs. Then build the hardtail section for 200 mm Tire little paint lots of chrome then should be good to go

Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Gabriel Barnes
I was actually thinking about going with cycle X Mikuni setup

Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Keegster96
So got the cases trimmed for the chain to clear. Now to get the old girl painted up and older the carbs and ignition

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 5:57 PM Keegan Lang, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was thinking the same but you lose power with only two carbs :(

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 5:13 PM Gabriel Barnes [via Vintage and Classic Honda's], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was actually thinking about going with cycle X Mikuni setup

To unsubscribe from New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?, click here.
NAML

20180611_154844.jpg (6M) Download Attachment
20180610_185144.jpg (4M) Download Attachment
Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Keegster96
Runs good just have a oil leak issue I have to figure out on the crank shaft oil seal on the right side of the motor.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018, 3:50 PM Keegan Lang, <[hidden email]> wrote:
So got the cases trimmed for the chain to clear. Now to get the old girl painted up and older the carbs and ignition

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 5:57 PM Keegan Lang, <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was thinking the same but you lose power with only two carbs :(

On Wed, Jun 6, 2018, 5:13 PM Gabriel Barnes [via Vintage and Classic Honda's], <[hidden email]> wrote:
I was actually thinking about going with cycle X Mikuni setup

To unsubscribe from New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?, click here.
NAML

VID_121800204_104021_562.mp4 (22M) Download Attachment
Cb750c
Cb900f

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

New Chinese rubber seal?

Re: New guy to forum. Cb750 transmission swap with cb900c?

Keegster96
That's what I thought so switched it out and still leaking, but only seems to be thin oil through the center, as if maybe I'm running the carbs too rich and there is gas mixing in with the oil?? Was running good before and holding nicely, then went on a 75km ride and near the end I noticed it.
Cb750c
Cb900f
12