New member, New bike

TXracer80
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New member, New bike

You could try a lithium based battery, pretty small. Just make sure you regulator is working well.
Or an agm mounted just about the swingarm pivot would work well too. I know some people have modified their fuel tank to hold a battery but that would cost a fair amount of capacity loss.

Re: New member, New bike

There are some members here that have removed their stock controls in order to install rearsets. Maybe one of them has their stock pieces you could use.

And I'm with Rerun on hiding the battery. Definitely doable,but you're gonna lose some fuel capacity doing it.

Re: New member, New bike

TXracer80
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: New member, New bike

Six feet is nothing on these bikes. I am 5'11" and it is just fine for an easy 500 in a day. Unless your torso is a foot tall and your legs are 5 feet long!

Re: New member, New bike

seestheday
I'm 6 foot and I found the stock controls great for the stock handlebars.

I switched to flat bars (and more recently superbike bars) and I find the rearsets I put on to be much more comfortable.
1981 CB750K with 900 cams
90K KM's, rebuilt head, rebuilt carbs, upgraded valve stem seals

My wife's recipe website that I'm trying to help promote: Strawberries for supper. Yes, I am a lucky man.

My cb750 video site

Re: New member, New bike

I'm 6'3'' (33'' inseam) ,superbike bars and stock controls. But I'm on an F model with the flat seat. Your seat with that hump in it probably brings you closer to the controls and I could see that crowding you a bit.