New member

Al

New member

Al
Hi Everyone , would just like to say hello as i'm new to the forum , and learning to navigate the forum's .

Current location is near Cadwell Park , Lincolnshire  , Just bought a 1981 CB 750 K from David Silver spares as a non runner and currently nursing her back to health .

Having owned this bike for a short time i now realize parts a real  bitch to find lol

Re: New member

Welcome, but I cannot believe parts are hard to find for an 81 CB750.

Re: New member

I thought David Silver Spares could get anything!  I didn't know they sold whole bikes, though.
Maz

Re: New member

Maz
Welcome to the forum.  I'm in Kent and have a '79 cb750 dohc.  I have had no problems with parts supply.  I have used Dave Silver,  cmsnl and eBay.  What parts are you having trouble finding?
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)
Al

Re: New member

Al
Hi and ty  , yeah they have a section for complete or nearly complete bikes mine was a non runner which was listed as electrical fault , new coils fixed it . I'm looking for some silencers that match the originals as i'd like to keep it  factory , looking at re chrome as last option which is £££££

Al
Maz

Re: New member

Maz
Original silencers for ANY 70's-80's bike will be a problem.  Try DK spares for good,  used parts. I got a complete 4-4 system from a cb900 custom,  to use on my cb750L - Looks as good as original.  Also worth checking out the Carole Nash /CMM  shows at Stafford,  twice a year.  I saw a lovely original  exhaust system for a 1980 cb750 there last year. It was for sale for £ 150.
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)
Al

Re: New member

Al
Hi Maz , ty for the info have checked spares pg but no luck so far , i will be going to the Stafford show as usual , normally go x2 per year , much appreciated , im currently looking up some paint dealerships to get a respray done  ,  quotes quite high so far around the £ 700.00 bracket which is a bit high considering its one color . have found a place in sleaford linc's  just waiting on reply for that and Spray bay Immingham.
Al

Re: New member

Al
Also sorry about the avatar pic of the cx 500 E which is my other steed , havent got any decent shots of the K yet
Maz

Re: New member

Maz
Good luck with your search,  Al. Stafford is useful  if you live reasonably close. I've made the trip up from Kent for the last 5 years,  but as I don't have a project on the go at the moment,  I'll give it a miss this year.
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)
Al

Re: New member

Al
Hi Maz  , Managed to find a company Chromefix that will restore the entire system to look like new , just got a quote back from them which is a little high but will mean i get to keep the bike as factory standard which i think will be worth it  . i looked at Wemoto who supply silencers for my Eurosprort  and complete systems for many bikes .  The one closest to mine is sadly a 4- 2 which will look nice but not correct priced at £ 450.00 + p+p  . Chromefix can do the restoration for £ 650.00 .

Al

Re: New member

Is this re-chroming, or some other sort of coating? Will they repair any damage like rust holes and dents?

Al

Re: New member

Al
This is proper re chroming ,  Electornically Strip, Mirror Polish (minor dents/imperfections are removed at this stage) and  quad plate with 4 layers of plating to achieve maximum rust protection and a deep chrome finish (Copper Plate, Acid Copper Plate, Nickel Plate and Chrome Plate)
Maz

Re: New member

Maz
Sounds intriguing,  Al. I'd never even thought of having an exhaust restored.  Is yours not a 4-2? Do you have any pictures to share?
Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)
Al

Re: New member

Al
No my 81 has a 4 into 4 system , i think it was a 1 yr production model so is limited

Re: New member

Here in the states, all the DOHC "K" and "C" models had 4 into 4 exhaust. That sounds like a reasonable price for the restoration since it is re-chroming.

Al

Re: New member

Al
I think from what ive seen the european  81 model  differs from the US models , most distintively  the rear tail section which on mine has the cx 500 tail light which aswell as being brighter  ( 3 bulbs )  has a nice modular appearance to finish the tail end of the bike .
Maz

Re: New member

Maz
Ah yes. Very similar to my CB750L. They were called the KZ in europe.

Maz
'76 CB500T
'75 GL1000 'Wing
'79 CB750L
'90 FJ1200
'93 GS500E

In a little place called Bexley, Kent, UK (Just south of London!)

Re: New member

"KZ" is a Kawasaki model designation here in the US. Has caused some confusion on the forum here in the past.