Newbie and his 1982 CB 750 Custom

Ima750guy2
Hello Forum,
                     New to this forum, but not new to bikes. Been riding 51 yrs.  Drag raced Kowie Triples in the 70"s, love the old classics and also have a dolled up Sportster sharing the stable right now.  I find, fix, and flip motorcycles and street rods for a hobby.  My latest acquisition is a 1982 Honda CB 750 Custom.  This was a one owner bike, older gentleman, garage kept and seldom used over the last 10 yrs.  I know this is hard to believe, but the owner traded this bike to me for detailing and selling a streetrod he had. Needless to say, I accepted the offer and had his car sold in 2 weeks.  I inspected and purged the gas tank, but was amazingly clean, then removed, rebuilt and synchronized the carbs.  Installed a new battery and replaced the back tire.
It coughed and sputtered a little while she was clearing her throat, then fired off like a new bike.  I live in So. Florida, so riding all the time is available if one is so inclined.  The bike was SO SMOOTH, I actually couldn't believe it. Such a pleasure to ride.  While I love my Sportster, I like this 750 so much, I am almost tempted to keep her. She has 19,420 miles on her.  But I digress, If I do decide to sell my baby, can someone give me a range of this bikes value? I appreciate the info, and I hope you found the bike's story interesting.

Re: Newbie and his 1982 CB 750 Custom

sgtslag
Drool...  Drool...  Drool...

Ahem!  Yes, the value of the bike...  Hard to say, as it really depends upon your local market.  If you try to sell it as a collector's bike, then the price could be significantly higher.  She is gorgeous.  Almost pristine.  That could drive the price higher, but I can only guess, as used bike prices are all over the board, in my local market (asking prices, no idea what they actually sell for).  My best guess (pulling this out of thin air, mind you...) would be $2,000, possibly higher, but your local market will dictate.

Search all of the usual suspects:  Craigslist.com, trade web sites, local dealers, etc.  Then you can make an educated guess, based on your local market.

Honestly, I'd suggest keeping it:  you obviously enjoy riding it very much; it is nearly pristine; it's gorgeous(!); you will likely never see such a bike ever again; and they're just fun to ride and enjoy life on.  Cheers!  [Gone in search of a mop for all of the drool puddles on my floor...]

Re: Newbie and his 1982 CB 750 Custom

If you've got room in the garage, and all it cost you was some sweat equity and a bit of salesmanship, I'd keep it as well.  Can you get an equivalent bike in your area for 2 large? Don't tell my wife, but I'm seriously thinking of getting another CB.  The Shadow is fun, but that turbine like rush of the inline 4 is intoxicating...

But I digress.  Constantly...

I expect you could get 2 grand for that bike in your part of town. It's VERY pretty, and seems to run good.  Very low miles for the year.

Let us know how it turns out.

Hey Guys,
                   I took the CB 750 Custom out for a twirl today here in So. Florida.  A lot of bikes out there today,  and a lot of looks from other riders, although I do have an " Antique" tag on it.  So I drove about 20 miles down the ocean hwy. and back home.  But today's trip was an epiphany for me, as today's ride finally convinced me that at 64 yrs. old, and 2 near fatal M/C accidents during my riding time, that I am ALL DONE riding on a regular basis. The skeletal body is SHOT.  So HEY, GUESS WHAT?  My Very Nice Honda CB 750 Custom is going on the chopping block, ( along with my Sportster ).  I posted a pic earlier, but will repost in classifieds.  I will be asking 2500 obo, but we'll see where it goes from there. You asked me to let you know how it is going, so here it is. My baby needs a loving home to go to, so spread the word ?  Thanks.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 8:22 AM, LukeM [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you've got room in the garage, and all it cost you was some sweat equity and a bit of salesmanship, I'd keep it as well.  Can you get an equivalent bike in your area for 2 large? Don't tell my wife, but I'm seriously thinking of getting another CB.  The Shadow is fun, but that turbine like rush of the inline 4 is intoxicating...

But I digress.  Constantly...

I expect you could get 2 grand for that bike in your part of town. It's VERY pretty, and seems to run good.  Very low miles for the year.

Let us know how it turns out.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Newbie-and-his-1982-CB-750-Custom-tp4051879p4051891.html
To unsubscribe from Newbie and his 1982 CB 750 Custom, click here.
NAML