Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

nilsthenomad
i just moved to northern Virginia (outside DC) from the Ozark Mntns of Arkansas and am aching for some roads that aren't filled with suburbs and traffic. Anyone know some good routes for rides that aren't too far away? Just looking for some escape from this madness. Also, anyone know of any 750 clubs or good Honda people nearby?
'81 CB750K, '70 C70. As long as the Honda's older than I am, I'm happy...

Re: Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

Piute
I think that be ChromeRibs out that way ,I'm up in the Northern part of the Ozarks in Mo. Going to be hard to match the riding you just left ,But there a beautiful ride just beyond every curve ,Hope you enjoy the ride,Pennsylvania is very nice long rolling hills and best viewed in fall.

Re: Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

"anyone know of any 750 clubs or good Honda people nearby"
None come to mind.

Piute, you're in SW, MO? I grew up in the little town of Reeds Spring, MO.
'81 CB750K, '70 C70. As long as the Honda's older than I am, I'm happy...

Re: Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

Piute
Have been in and around that area going to Table Rock lake easy to get lost on dead end roads were my dual purpose tires come in handy just ride around the lake beaches to the next road end.
    Was in Republic (Springfield area),now in Aurora work in Mt.Vernon(on I-44).heck now you should come back to Hillbilly country,Have family out there ,I was in B-more in the late 80's hated it

Re: Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

I'm in the Lynchburg,Roanoke area. Southwest VA. No clubs that I know of around here. I had plans to get something off the ground awhile back,but I havent had the time to follow through. Where I live is FULL of mountains and twisty back roads. Shoot,even most of our highways have 45 mph max safe speed turnsThey just could find enough room for a full on 60 mph road around here!

If you ever wanna go for a ride around here I'd be glad to hook up with ya! We can hit the Parkway on the way to the really good stuff but ya gotta keep up.....

Re: Ozark Mntns to Virginia Help!

nilsthenomad
Yeah yeah, I realize that getting outta hillbilly country and into beltway madness wasn't the best move riding-wise. Shinyribs, I definitely wanna do a ride down your way. Would meet up for some winding mountain riding. Anything to get me away from DC. Was considering a skyline/BRP ride in May. Recommend it?  You ever been to the Winchester, VA bike show? Wanted to check that out too next month.
'81 CB750K, '70 C70. As long as the Honda's older than I am, I'm happy...