Piston kits from Germany

theo305
Hello
Does anybody knows something about these piston kits?
I am looking for some hp for my 900f.
We all know about the 985 kits but this company offers also high compression pistons in different bore sizes.

http://www.scheuerlein-motorentechnik.de/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=cb900f&XTCsid=d01afjho8c1d908rijcemit033

The page is in German language so use a translator.

Theo

Re: Piston kits from Germany

I have never heard of them, but they are d@*$ expensive. Doesn't ebay seller cruzingimage have any?

Re: Piston kits from Germany

theo305
Yes he has but i am talking about the high compression pistons of this company.Have you checked all the kits?
Also if you check the mor info button there is a comparison chart for 900f and cbx1000.
I know cbx has same bore but shorter pistons.
They state 11:1 compression ratio and i was wondering if the 900f engine can survive with out any other improvments.

Theo

Re: Piston kits from Germany

theo305
re the comparative data:
  CB900F CBX1000 Result
compression height 25,15 mm 24,35 mm - 0.8 mm
camber 0.5 mm 5.3 mm +4.8 mm
Weight (Comp. +0.25 Mm) 166 g 157.5 g - 8.5 g
Compression ratio rechn. 8.8: 1 11: 1 +2.2
Power formula: medium pressure x speed = power

Please note: As a general rule - the higher the compression, the lower the necessary pre-ignition. Excessive pre-ignition increases the bell inclination. So when using this piston please ignition by a few degrees to take back (less pre-ignition!) In order to avoid engine damage. These pistons are installed successfully from different tuners for many years in the CB900F. The performance increase is over the entire speed range.
Note: Technical changes must be taken when using public roads by TUV and registered in the registration papers. This piston kit consists of:

4 piston MoS2 coated
4 set of piston rings (3-piece oil control ring)
4 piston pins
8 piston pin fuses
Genuine part *: delivered piston CBX1000 = 13102-425-000

The manufacturer who manufactures these kits in our behalf, is an OEM for anyone known vehicle brands. This is to tested, highest quality as has become standard for many years.
As we were often confronted as engine repair with the "non-availability" of pistons and piston rings for classic bikes, we are to us passed this to be exclusively in excesses nachfertigen (the original accordingly). We attach importance to the origin. This includes the material, the compression and the diameter (which we offer for part additonal repair sizes). However, we do not want to remain technically and can progress such as the MOS2 coating and generally 3-piece oil control rings incorporated with. For multiple-piston sets the individual pistons are weighed at a minimum weight tolerance of less than 0.2 grams. In connection having reduced by about 0.025 mm mounting clearance (possible by the MOS2 coating), this gives the best possible and desirable smoothness combined with the highest reliability and the lowest oil consumption! MOS2 is a very excellent dry lubricant which also oils is admixed as Schmierstoffverbesserer and for emergency running properties. MOS2 is but can also be used as a high compressive strength of pure dry lubricant. For decades, from racing known this type of coating is also used in series with quality conscious manufacturers and has long been in the commercial vehicle sector, where high mileages are provided his application. It can also uncoated pistons are coated subsequently. Here you have to expect but with a price of about 40 euros per piece. With our piston sets or the piston ring sets we always use (unless otherwise indicated) 3-piece oil control rings. When Japanese motorcycles these have become standard since the 70s and the test of time! The slightly higher attention that should (often at BMW) applied during assembly compared to 1-piece oil control rings or coil expander rings, makes the result definitely paid. Since the impacts of the two wiper rings of the 3-piece oil ring 180 degrees are assembled in one another, there is a labyrinth seal, which is responsible for the low oil consumption of these rings. The third ring is a so-called expander which ensures the bias for the two (thin) oil control rings.