Rear master cylinder problem

jlacksom1
 The piston in my master cylinder is stuck past the ports and I can't get it to come out. Do you have any suggestions on how I can get it freed up? I have had it in a tub of brake parts cleaner to soak for three day and it still won't release. If not any suggestions on where I can get another Master cylinder. My bike is an 81 cb 900 c. Any help is appreciated.

Re: Rear master cylinder problem

Well, if you can't get it out, there is nothing special about the master, other than it came from your bike.

So, you can get a master from any other dual disk cb, goldwing, any bike with 7/8th inch bars really.

The only requirement is that it actuates the brake light the same way.

So you can either see if someone here has 1, post in the wanted/for sale section. Check ebay, if you have a bike boneyard, check with them. Or you can always buy something new.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Re-run [via Honda CB750'S] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Well, if you can't get it out, there is nothing special about the master, other than it came from your bike.

So, you can get a master from any other dual disk cb, goldwing, any bike with 7/8th inch bars really.

The only requirement is that it actuates the brake light the same way.

So you can either see if someone here has 1, post in the wanted/for sale section. Check ebay, if you have a bike boneyard, check with them. Or you can always buy something new.

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/Rear-master-cylinder-problem-tp4054185p4054186.html
To unsubscribe from Rear master cylinder problem, click here.
NAML

Re: Rear master cylinder problem

Ebay had 1 but it was in crappy looking shape and the seller wants over $100 for it! Saw another for a cb750 nd it was in bad shape and almost 50.

I told this to someone else with the same issue. You may be better of getting a master from a different bike and making a bracket to mount it. Might be sucky but unless someone has one for you, it might be the best bet.