Recaptured my youth today

use2b
when I was a young US Marine Corps Sgt just back from Vietnam I was happy with the 1973 CB350 I had bought crated in Japan for $500 Cash and brought back aboard ship in 72. that was one fine motorcycle and I thought I was king of the world riding that thing around Camp Lejeune NC until one day a motorcycle passed me that I had never seen before and I felt my 350 was obsolete at that very moment.
That bike was a CB750 and I knew I must have one.  I soon reenlisted in the Marine Corps and with the bonus I received I went straight to the Honda shop and traded my 350 on a new 1974 CB750 and I was totally in love.  while some friends went for the Kawasaki Z1 900 I had always loved Honda and preferred the CB750.
here is a picture of my 1974 Honda CB750 when I was 21 YO
and a picture of the 1976 CB750 I just bought with 15,000 miles on it at the age of 61
I feel young all over again . thought I would share my story
ride like your invisible and be safe.  Semper Fi

Re: Recaptured my youth today

Welcome aboard, young man. Great story, bro: tell it again.  Nice to see others getting back into bikes after a long break. That '76 model looks very nice.  I hope it runs well, and takes you many places.

Thank you for your service.  My dad (RIP) was a career Marine as well (old Corps).  Semper Fi!  (which, as my dad would say, translates to "I've got mine, how are you doing?")

Enjoy your new machine, and ride safe.

Re: Recaptured my youth today

cblover
Awesome pics. I was dreaming of that certain bike for years.