Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

Paul Mayer
 I thought it might be a Tracy, but it’s tank fuel capacity is 2 gallons at most, and the styling appears different. It’s mounted on a 1970 CB750 frame. Is there anyone out there who can help me with identification? Thanks in advance.

Re: Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

That looks like a "Tracy" body to me. There is a thread here somewhere that has information on the Tracy body kits with several pictures. The information came from a member that worked for the Tracy company. A search should bring it up. Do you own this bike? I would like to see more pictures.

Re: Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

Paul Mayer
Yes I do own it. I bought it as a non runner. The guy I bought it from had had it built back in the 70s and won all kinds of shows. He had everything chromed, down to the frame.it has been sitting outside in the elements for years and needed quite a bit of work. I will be selling it but don’t want to misrepresent. I assumed it was a Tracy body, but I’m questioning it because of the thread you spoke of. The person (Ed?} said Tracy bodywork as having a built in toolbox and a larger fuel capacity. This holds 2 gallons at best

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:43 PM TOOLS1 [via Vintage and Classic Hondas] <[hidden email]> wrote:
That looks like a "Tracy" body to me. There is a thread here somewhere that has information on the Tracy body kits with several pictures. The information came from a member that worked for the Tracy company. A search should bring it up. Do you own this bike? I would like to see more pictures.

To unsubscribe from Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit, click here.
NAML

Re: Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

Interesting. I have a "Tracy" fiberglass CB750 tank. It is the only one I have ever seen or even heard of, so I know Tracy did some small batches of one-off stuff. I really hate to say this, but you might want to check with the guys at Hondachopper.com They might know something about it.
That is a cool bike. I wish it was in my garage. Do you have more pictures to share?

NAML

To unsubscribe from Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit, click here.
NAML

Re: Seeking help in identifying one piece fiberglass body kit

Thanks for the pictures. That is just too cool!!!! Keep us up to date on what you find out.