Theres an F on Ebay

motogrady

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

masiste
Insurance companies often issue totalled or R  or salvage tittles to bikes or cars for minor incidents. They do it to avoid reparing an older vehicle, instead, paying off its owner and spending less money in repairing injured vehicles.

Once my classic Datsun got one of its doors dented by a lady backing her truck off a driveway as my car laid parked across the street.

Her insurance wanted to give me $1000 for the damages. BUT my tittle was to become a "salvage" tittle, indicating my car was part of a bad accident, got wrecked or deemed unsafe.

That tittle would render my car unsafe, destroying its value, and basically destroying its real value.

I argued against that, reaching the offices of the state commissioner. Ghe insurance was forced to back pedal, repairing my door, and paying for the repair plus a rental car, and no salvage tittles at all.
750DOHC

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

motogrady
Administrator

Hat's off guy, making them work.

Sad fact tho, not many will see past the R.
All they will think is, "that bike was wrecked".

Insurance companies.
When you think about it, they are another arm of the legislative body.
No, they don't make laws.
They just charge crazy for anything they don't want out there.
Make it so expensive you can't afford it.

And the prices, that's what concerns me with Obmacare.

A quick story.
A neighbor sideswiped a car of ours, rear quaterpanel.
Took it to the bodyshop, quoted us $400.
When the neighbor saw that, a few scratches, he said screw it I'm turning it in
to my insurance company.
Went back to the body shop, the guy said he had to refigure it,
an insurance claim was different, came back with $1,800.

And they paid like it was nothing.

The insurers, they don't give a hoot.  You are forced to deal with them, they set the price,
and are so out of touch with the real world it's almost scary.

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

masiste
You are right.

In my case, the insurance company paid about $3000 thousand dollars for the repair.

I went to a apparently good body shop, they quoted lots of hours of work and $3 K as estimate. A little over 3K. It seemed outlandish to me, but in the eyes of the mafia, it is the way to go.

The insurance company paid, but under pressure from the Insurance Commision and my complaint.  I was not going to accept my car tittle to be branded "salvage". That would identify my car as a damaged beyond repair vehicle, useless, and its value would be close to nothing. A dented door is no reason to brand a vehicle a "salvage" vehicle. That is used for vehicles that go through flood damage, submerged in water, through heavy accidents with bent frames, fire damage, etc, not dented doors !

But like you said, rather than fighting for good work and reasonable repair prices, the insurance company caves and kowtows to uncalled for estimates, and since insurance companies and body shops ( together with chiropractors and physical therapy centers that milk the system) ...are partners in crime, they would rather give me 1K and call my tittle a salvage, rather than going after their partners in crime, with whom they make billions of dollars in all kinds of inflated cases.

By making my tittle a salvage tittle, the insurance company spends less money fixing my car, and justify the low payment because it is a salvage vehicle, beyond repair.

Also the state motivates insurers into getting older vehicles off the streets, vehicles which are ussualy exempted from smog -pollution fees and pay low registration fees annualy as well for years to come !

These cars and bikes are non desireable vehicles and the state wants that vehicle destroyed, so the owner then can purchase a new or newer one that would pay full fees and benefit from no exemptions.

That is why this country is all messed up , insurance companies, health care, everything is ran like a business, but from the standpoint of a monopoly, mafia style, and the government participates from the revenues, that is why out government supports this system.
750DOHC

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

motogrady wrote
The insurers, they don't give a hoot.  You are forced to deal with them, they set the price,
and are so out of touch with the real world it's almost scary.

masiste wrote

That is why this country is all messed up , insurance companies, health care, everything is ran like a business, but from the standpoint of a monopoly, mafia style, and the government participates from the revenues, that is why out government supports this system.

You guys both have my vote. So remember to run for separate offices.

But seriously, it's comforting to know there are still some rational,sane people left in this world.

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

masiste
We are in the same boat ! Us and 98.5% of Americans.

Happy New Year !
750DOHC

Re: Theres an F on Ebay

denialthomas
Great... You did a great job. The salvage title should be put at certain reasons , its unfair to claim a car as salvage for every damage. salvageautosauction