WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Anybody got a set? I don't.  But I have money!

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

CBNewb84
I may, but I'm not sure what you're referring to? Pic?

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

I have seen those referred to as case guards or engine guards.

There is this style: http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-79-CB750-F-CB-750-ENGINE-CASE-GUARDS-HIGHWAY-HIGH-WAY-BARS-/230726733532

Or these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Honda-CB750-Hondaline-Highway-Bars-Crash-Guards-Engine-Guards-OEM-/271457978541?_trksid=p2054897.l5661

I find more results under "engine guard".

I should add that 3 point guards should be used. 2 point mount guards have a tendency to bend and actually cause damage to the case.

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Truck
The ones off of my 900 should fit. I'll be swapping them out for forward controls here in the next month or so. need some cleanup, but they are in good shape
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Thanks rerun. I didn't think to search by other names. Kinda wanted to shop here first anyway.

Hey Truck, what kind of money do you have in mind?

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Truck
No idea, make an offer.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

I guess 900's and 750's should be the same. Not sure about the whole dual range transmission dealio, but the front mounts are most likely all the same.

I looked at a few eBay ads for reference. How's $35+ shipping?

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Truck
Sounds good. I'll take a look to see what I have to do to remove them. As far as I know the engines are the same, only the frame length and tranny are different.
It's only illegal if you get caught.

If at first you don't succeed, use more lighter fluid

95% of Harley Davidsons ever made are still on the road... The other 5% made it home.

New Baltimore, Va '82 CB900c, 1980 CB985F/K 'Mutt"

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Awesome. Thanks bud. Shoot me an email with a total once you get a chance. Or just send me a PayPal invoice if you still have the address. No rush at all. Thanks again!

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Oh, no that is great really. Nothing like keeping it in the circle. I would still avoid 2 point guards but that is purely from a functional standpoint. They can be hard to find, especially nice ones.

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

I totally agree. The finish doesn't matter to me actually. I plan to black them out anyway. I want them, I just don't want to see them.

Re: WTB- DOHC- Case Savers

Chrome hater!!! Oh wait, I generally prefer little chrome too. Carry on.