Wiring Diagram

JonathanHValencia
Wiring issue. These idiot lights I’m trying to wire. A little different from stock. Each bulb has two wires, a black and power I presume. The neutral and oil pressure I have hooked up, but the others I’m having trouble with. This is a Cognito Moto top clamp with the lights imbedded. I don’t have enough black line female spots to count for all these black wires. How should I go about this? The original only had one wire per lightWiring

Re: Wiring Diagram

I am assuming that the new lights have a positive wire, and a ground wire. You can hook them to the Green/ground wire on the factory wiring harness. You might need to make up some pigtails to add the extra wire connections. Just get some wire and connectors from your local autoparts store to do this with. I am not sure what all the idiot lights are that you are trying to install are, but different lights do hook up differently. The nuturel and oil pressure lights have a hot wire going to them, and then the ground wire from the light goes to the switches. The switches make a ground, so the lights come on, and then open the ground circuit when the lights are supposed to go off.

Re: Wiring Diagram

JonathanHValencia
Each light had a power and a ground.
Neutral came with one green one black
Oil came with one red one black
Each turn signal had a wire and a black
Then the high beam had a blue and a black as well

The original I guess had one single ground wire. The oil and neutral were to be installed backwards per the guys at Cognito Moto:

“Should go just like stock. Each wires positive is colors the same as the LED. You will need to touch each to a battery to find the ground on each matching LED. The oil and neutral are the only ones that are reversed. Meaning that the colored wire is wired to an auxiliary positive and the black wire goes to the switches that are ground.”