catrige emulator info

blackhawkrider
I have a 82 cb750c was wondering if anyone here knows what size race tech emulators would work. Race tech told me to tear the fork apart and measure so I thought I would  check here first thanks

Re: catrige emulator info

shabbabear
well i never raced the cb750 but i do currently race 3 sv 650s and one superbike...all with race tech stuff...i would assume just to measure the fork diameter..great ???...love to know the proper answer...shabbabear

Re: catrige emulator info

blackhawkrider
well race tech wants dampening rod dimensions before being able to get the right emulators. I will post my findings as soon as I get the fork off and apart again. Considering only a few months ago I had to replace the seals.

Re: catrige emulator info

shabbabear
well that makes sense blackhawk...i should have thought of that...you are completely right....because the emulators will regulate the fork fluid flow at the top and they need the dimensions to calculate the speed at which the common dampening rods allow it to flow and what weight fluid they'll recommend. don't be surprised if they don't recommend that you get your rods drilled as well..it works great if they do...they're awesome folks and know their stuff for sure...shabbabear

Re: catrige emulator info

blackhawkrider
well heres the deal the rods are already drilled. Seems that the previous owner put emulators in then took them out before selling the bike to me so now more work ahead

Re: catrige emulator info

shabbabear
aha !!!...just as i thought...well now i don't feel so crazy having mentioned the drilling part..whew!!!...didn't want to share info to folks that may be wrong..maybe all these years of doing my own race setups is finally paying off for me....good luck...shabbabear (bill)