charging problem: CB750 K 1977

v. hayes
Hello,
  I just got my first bike a couple of months ago, but haven't been able to ride it because the battery won't charge.  I replaced the battery and got new rect. / regulator, but it is still not charging. Looking at the manual, it seems the next thing to check would be the alternator.  I tested the resistance of the field coil, and got 7.2 ohms. The 3 yellow wires from the stator read 0.9 ohms.  The manual says the stator reading should be .2 ohms.  Also, the AC output is .079.  Does it make sense to replace the stator?  If so, can anyone suggest a place to get one online?
  Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks,
Tony

Re: charging problem: CB750 K 1977