dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

wes

dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

wes
seen one of those canvas dumpster things in a drive way. it had some good junk in it. atleast 20 packs of new golf balls. i dont golf so i gave them to a friend that does. on the top of all the junk where two complete exhaust pipes. they look brand new.  from  looking at the ends im purty sure they came off of a newer dodge charger or something like that. the pipes havent even began to turn blue. i think some one bought a new car and put a higher performance exhaust system on it. these look like the stock pipes. im always looking for scrap metal. anything for a buck these days. i know the catalatic thingys are some value. i guess im askin if these pipes may be of any value other than at the scrap yard. ill  post some pics if i get any feed back on this. there are also some numbers on the mufflers. it would take alot for me to even consider shipping these. some of you guys sell parts on here soo i thought i would ask here first.
too scrap or not to scrap? that is the question.
With my opinion and your knowledge, we can change the world.
KEEP YOUR FISTS UP, FOR BALANCE AND PROTECTION!!!
i like fat chicks

Re: dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

Maybe with a pic someone can spot what they are off of. Otherwise,I'm clueless. But yeah,cat's can be worth stupid money for the right model. Sometimes $1k+

Re: dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

Lucky 1
In the places I have lived if you had something you did not want to throw in the garbage or scrap and probably could not find who would need it, we would put it out front with a "FREE" sign on it, and it will magically go away.

We called it the "Free Store"

It is important to stick a "FREE" sign on it because many people will not take it unless they know it is OK.
On a Roadstar Adventure.

Re: dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

icerigger
We used to put "FREE" on things and only half would get taken, Now we put "FOR SALE $50" on them and they disappear overnight.
Livin' my life like a song.

1985 Honda Rebel 250 - "Birdie"
1979 CB750K - "Behemoth"

Re: dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

MarkPBG
Where i live, everyone separates their garbage into two piles, garbage, and possible salvage/recycle. There are so many people driving around looking for usable stuff just to make ends meet, it's really amazing how many people are trying to help them out by keeping the good stuff in a different pile! My neighbor told one guy looking through his garbage he had more in the backyard that wasn't out yet, and brought him back there to pick out stuff he could use! We love recycling and people who repurpose stuff here in FL! It's all about keeping our landfills small and our beaches clean.
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: dumpster diver... to scrap or not to scrap

Telling on myself here....

You can get stuff out of the garbage that you just cant buy anymore. Remember when they used to make toilets that used more than a pint of water to flush? Yeah. You cant buy the good ol' heavy duty flushers anymore. My toilet may be second hand but it flushes like a boss! Bah-whooooosh!!! Of course,overflows can be quite brutal with the high capacity jobs. It's a hazard of the game....