just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

jmac
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

Welcome to the forum. You can change the front ends over with no problems, but for the frame work give cycle1 (I will see if I can put up their link later)  a call. That's all they do. They have hard tail kits, and can even install them, for you. They will also rake your neck if you want.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

jmac
thanks for the info I need all I can get.
TOOLS1 wrote

Here is the link. http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

jmac
Thanks, any ideas on the best size ape hangers to use found the hardtail section I needed at cycle one, Great info thanks alot!

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

What ever feel comfortable, and is legal.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

Legal is a big thing. Some states have set max height to shoulder. CHeck with yours to be sure. No sense getting bars that cost enough on their own and then getting tickets for it.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

jmac
Thanks guys, I just got some drag bars off ebay, so I kinda went the other direction.
I also got some pod filters and a new jets hope it helps my problems with idle, my bike will only idle on full choke and has a little lagg in acceleration I hate to rebuild the carbs but may have no choice I am gonna try new plugs. Does anyone have any other ideas.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

Only running on full choke could mean you have a vacuum leak. Check the rubber boots that connect the carbs to the head.

Re: just got a 81 and 79 cb750 want to chop!

jmac
thanks tools