pics and questions

Rinzler
Photobucket

this wire coming out of the rubber and out of the motor, what may this be, and does it hook up to the wiring harness?

Photobucket

does anyone know of any websites to find sets of screws/nuts/whathave you? as you can see i'm missing pieces

Photobucket

this is coming out of the left side near the shifter, is this supposed to be coming out right here? or is it supposed to be connected inside? if so does the plate have a gasket?

Photobucket

same wire coming out of the rubber gaurd on the other side of the motor cover, confused on what it is/where it belongs

Photobucket

motor cover came with literally two screws holding it down. yet again, is there a place where i can buy the full set? the previous owner restored the motor, new gaskets, great compression, just left me screw and nutless,,, haha

Photobucket

this little "spout" looking thing coming out of the back of the whole motor assembly, what goes connects to it?

Photobucket

this tissue is clearly plugging a hole, no idea what belongs in it... :/

Photobucket

bike after a fresh powdercoating, semi-reassembly, lots of work to do.

Photobucket

okay, this cluster scares me,, haha. is there new cluster, or whole set as 1? I've seen cafe racers without this electronic cluster here. I know what one piece is, but I'm rather clueless on what the rest is. I've got a clymer owners manual, great blow-ups of engine, carbs, but i felt rather left out on electrical components. I have seen a smaller oil container installed in a different spot, and the battery hidden underneath the seat hump, but what do i do with this! haha

Photobucket

i have this set of 4 smaller hoses, I have seen in pictures of some motorcycles with this attached to the bottom of the carbs, (breather hoses?) and some motorcycles without, why is this? is this necessary? if so, where does it connect to?

Photobucket

is this what connects to the petcock for the fuel? yet again i feel a little leftout in the Clymer.

Photobucket

two more hoses from in between the carbs

Photobucket

speedo or tach cable? the inner piece that connects to the engine matched perfectly together, but not sure if I have it connected to the right guage.

Photobucket

okay, I've got this little do-hickey here. Opened it up, has a filter inside, what is this? Clymer didnt contain this little medussa. I'm guessing I am missing a hose on the bottom fitment. I've looked through some of these parts websites for the motorcycle, but cannot find things of sorts,  yet again where did all these internet cafe's do with it?!

Photobucket

dont mind the big butt :P

Photobucket

motorr

so essentially I got this motorcycle in parts and boxes, I bought the clymer manual, and have done as much as I possibly can at this point. Great manual, but doesnt go as in depth as I would like it, so this is where I really could use everyone's help. Any help is very much appreciated, hoping you guys can answer some of my questions. I'm completely new to motorcycles, so this is a fun first. This is a 1976 sb750f. Thanks in advance!

Re: pics and questions

So many questions. I am confused
I guess I will take them one one at a time, and be concise.
1. Oil pressure light sending unit.
2. E-bay, or the local hardware store. I have a set of motor mount bolts, you might be able to talk me out of.
3. There should be a notch in the cover they come out of.
4. I can't tell from the pictures.
5. Again E-bay, or the locale hardware store. I think those are 6 X 1.50.
6. That is the crankcase breather fitting.
7. It just has a big plug, but a lot of guys install an oil pressure gauge there,
8. Looks good.
9. From left to right. Fuse block (replace with wire in blade type fuses), Starter solenoid, Voltage regulator. Bottom- Rectifier. You could replace the Voltage regulator, and rectifier with a single combined unit off a DOHC model.
10. Float bowel over flow tubes. Not needed, but a good idea to have.
11. Yes that is the fuel line.
12. Carb vents.
13. Tachometer.
14. Crankcase vent breather (see No#6).
15. I won't
16. Yes that is the motor.
Now I need a beer, and an aspirin.

Re: pics and questions

Piute
 Well done TOOLS I followed that easy but ?then those were easy ones fo yo.Now how ya fix that bigg butt..l.o.l..you moving along there good,keep it up...Piute...

Re: pics and questions

Rinzler
Thanks! I'll try my best with it, all these odd's and ends things hanging out just has me a bit overwhelmed and discouraged sometimes, the aweful summer heat doesn't help either.

Re: pics and questions

Peterwh
Question 4, can't be sure from the picture but I think that's the other end of the oil pressure switch wire. There should be a mating connector there.  I replaced the alternator on mine a couple of evenings ago and forgot to connect that one up and the oil pressure light did not come on when the bike was switched on but not running.  Removed the shifter cover tonight and connected it up.