some modifications

Rinzler
Has anyone lowered the stock forks on a '76 750? or if anyone has a link to a discussion board would be nice. Also, any tips and tricks with connecting the carbs onto the rubber fitments? its being a really big pain, and i cant get all four to pop on, doing one alone is tough enough.

Re: some modifications

Daddyman
I lowered mine, http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/76-CB750F-Super-Sport-Cafe-Project-td3150503.html  where the forks came through the top triple tree is where I mounted my clamp on bars.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: some modifications

CB 500/550 forks are 2 inches shorter. Other then that they are the same. Use silicone spray on your carbs, and rubber boots. Will make them slip right on.

Re: some modifications

Its all about the lube.I didnt have silicone,so i used pb blaster.Almost as good,not quite.

Re: some modifications

Little late ,Sorry .Rinzler my 1st time was a pain used buggies to hold !@$%$ any how I'm good now put " boots on head "eye them (# should be on top)put a straight edge(I used the ruler in my combo square)make even as possible SNUG them up,bit of oil,line up and lip the bottoms push that baby on straight as possible should be all at once is easy est ,If using stock clamps may wont to get new ,mine wouldn't get tight enough I believe,I'd say mines been off 4 times,1 to go still..Oiute N Judose...

Re: some modifications

Piute
opps ,again wrong picture to much tea after work..piute...

Re: some modifications

Tea Piute?...you sure that was tea?...home brewed?HAHA  When i did mine I sat on the frame(no seat,of course),held the rear brake down and pushed one side then the other.When i tried to go straight on never would go.Little PB blaster,or your preferred lube,goes a long way.My clamps don't seem to tighten very well and they look pretty sad.Anyone know where to get something to replace them.Don't particularly care for original replacement cuz im sure price is high

Re: some modifications

vintagecb750.com has new clamps.

Re: some modifications

Dang youre fast! i swear your lurking in my laptop!  Tools!....Tools!  get out of there b4 you tear up somethingThx bud

Re: some modifications

  ..Get out of there TOOLS be for he gives you A virus or just rust.Was TEA for the island ,the long 1.l.o.l.
   I pushed all at once,was worryed about my cracked thing on head,still can't find new,but believe the blk sealer did it's JOB...Piute..

Re: some modifications

Were you ever able to get the cracked piece out of the head?

Re: some modifications

Piute
  ..Were you ever able to get the cracked piece out of the head?
 didn't try can't find new will be firing it up tues day ,check for leaks,been messing with painting a bit today.took a long nap this afternoon..Piute N Judose..

Re: some modifications

Love to have that framed and all my wall! I kinda dig the fofk boots

Re: some modifications

Cycle-x has the fork boots that do not require the Honda head light ears. They are around $20.00. I just sold a straight, but rusty set of head light ears, for $50.00.

Re: some modifications

 GATTERS are cool ,took copy off the bay ,they was selling it as a page ..Piute...

Re: some modifications

I have no headlight at all now that i took the vetter off          long way from that though    worry about it later i guess           yep definitely gonna get me some boots

Re: some modifications

Daddyman
Fork boots???? You dig em??? On a Cafe??? LOL J/K
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: some modifications

Oh yes! On a cafe!I always considered them dirt bike fodder until i saw these:

Re: some modifications

Daddyman
Me too, looks good on there huh, I like the drilled rotor on front.
Photobucket
---1976 CB750F CAFE---
     Florence, Colorado

Re: some modifications

Check out the drilled and polished rear hub on the upper pic. Niiiiice!!!!
12