working hardly

lostson
After raining for 2 days now the sun has come out it's a pleasant 60 degrees and I'm stuck at work looking out the window, come on 5'oclock!

Re: working hardly

750Ksabin
Been there nice sunny day at work then the weather turns to crap when I get home and start the bike.

Re: working hardly

MarkPBG
I had a week of vacation last month, it rained every day. Every day at work since has been absolutely perfect riding weather. :( Oh well, I rode to work every day! :)
Mark Davis
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
amateur photographer, hot rodder, motorcyclist, adventurer
"Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul."

Re: working hardly

lostson
Same here past 2 days have been great, I have tomorrow and friday off and they are calling for rain. Maybe I can get out early today and go for a ride.

Re: working hardly

cdaiscool
Same here. But I'm hoping that it rains and gets out of its system. Then hoping my latest ordered stuff comes in Friday.

I'm tentatively planning a ride Sunday. First ride since my food poisoned-laden ride in January...
Turbos, Hondas, 4-bangers, what could go wrong?

Fuelly

Shiny: [...] Considering the weather you've had to put up with I'd say you get an Iron Butt award and a Frozen Nipple trophy to go along with it. First time I've ever posted the word nipple... it ends here.

Re: working hardly

rich
Sometimes I love working for the military. Last Friday the CO let all us riders take the afternoon off for a "safety ride". The purpose was to ride a variety of roads/conditions, practice group riding, and talk about safety. We formed up in a parking lot near the office and inspected our bikes, checking things like tires, lights, chains (well, my chain, I had the only chain drive), etc. We discussed group riding and hand signals, looked over the planned route and set off around 1145am. We hit the interstate for a few miles until we got out of town and then exited on to a rural two lane through the Kansas Flint Hills. We stopped a couple times to chat and had lunch at a Dairy Queen. In all we rode about 175 miles and got back to work just in time to go home. I had another 45 miles to ride home so it was one of my longest riding days so far. There were only six of us. Two Kawasaki Vulcans, a Yamaha Star, two HDs. I had the only 4, the only Honda, and the only bike made in the last century. It was a great day.

Parking lot at the start of the ride:

Loved this little Sportster 883:

Gas stop:

Another gas stop on the way home:
89 VN 750A - Given to son-in-law
79 CB 750K-sold 3 May 21
78 CB 750K
77 CB 750K
77 GL 1000 x 2
77 CB 550F
Holton, KS, US

Re: working hardly

shultz_1978
Nice very nice. You would not want work that hard every day. You may need a day or two to get in a ride.
Simple if some one else can, why can't I
Jamie

Re: working hardly

Those four piped bikes just stand out in a crowd! Lookin' good buddy!!!

Re: working hardly

lostson
Looks like a good time, my boss does not let us do that.